HEY YOU OLD FARTS!!!!!

UglyBear

sorry to offend you. forget I said it.
@GregV814 , buddy, you know we all love you?
:smoochy:
Everyone was concerned for you, and we are happy that it was resolved. We are expressing this happiness by poking at you, in the same vein that you do.
Hope that it’s nothing long-term.
P.S. now that you returned to the land of the living and kicking, might I remind you that you never posted the reverse of the Polish card? I, for one, am anxiously waiting. There should be some awesome mustache in it!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
There's a joke there somewhere about giving him a big banana supplement.
A potassium IV is actually called a banana bag by the medical community. Wife gets them way to often. On another note if you’re trying to get your potassium up the best thing is avacados.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Keep an eye on your Potassium. I know you dont have hourly blood tests, but chow down bananas, broccoli, spinach and potatoes.

I spent 6 hours in the E/R this morning with a resting pulse that is unforgiving. As soon as I was given i. v. treatment, it immediately dropped... Fortunately no serious damage but the labs PROVED a very low potassium level.
The RDA of potassium is 4700mg = 4.7grams, daily. Potassium also helps to lower blood pressure. A good form of potassium to take is potassium citrate. Potassium is also one the electrolytes the body needs on a daily basis. The others are, magnesium, calcium, and sodium.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Many common blood pressure meds & diuretics will decrease your potassium levels. Like everything medical related, consult a medical professional before you put your faith in a post in a forum on the internet.

Link

Diuretics like furosemide, bumetanide, hydrochlorothiazide, and chlorthalidone are the main medication-related cause of low potassium levels.

1msafm.jpg

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Many common blood pressure meds & diuretics will decrease your potassium levels. Like everything medical related, consult a medical professional before you put your faith in a post in a forum on the internet.

Link

1msafm.jpg
Sure. Go to the very people that only want to "treat" you, rather than heal you. A doctor's licence is, today, only a licence to practice quackery. But I understand your CYA reasoning.