HEY YOU OLD FARTS!!!!!

GregV814

Keep an eye on your Potassium. I know you dont have hourly blood tests, but chow down bananas, broccoli, spinach and potatoes.

I spent 6 hours in the E/R this morning with a resting pulse that is unforgiving. As soon as I was given i. v. treatment, it immediately dropped... Fortunately no serious damage but the labs PROVED a very low potassium level.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Hopefully they gave you a potassium supplement. That should get you where you need to be quickly.

Grumpy

Keep an eye on your Potassium. I know you dont have hourly blood tests, but chow down bananas, broccoli, spinach and potatoes.

I spent 6 hours in the E/R this morning with a resting pulse that is unforgiving. As soon as I was given i. v. treatment, it immediately dropped... Fortunately no serious damage but the labs PROVED a very low potassium level.
I'm betting you wore out the E/R folks with your jokes and they released you early.

My problem is high potassium. Taking one multi-vitamin a day pushed it over the top.
I was just sitting here wondering how many people he's gonna kill as they start chowing down as he prescribed, and it throws them over the top. 😐

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I was just sitting here wondering how many people he's gonna kill as they start chowing down as he prescribed, and it throws them over the top. 😐
:lol: I think they take what he says with a grain of salt. Oh... that's not a recommendation to increase salt intake...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I thought my night time leg cramps could be solved with OTC potassium supplements and started taking them by the handful. Blood work came back and my doc was puzzled and concerned. Told her what I was doing and she told me to "STOP!". Took a couple months to get it down to safe levels. Now I just drink a LOT more water, especially at bedtime, and the cramps are pretty much gone. Damned bad circulation...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I thought my night time leg cramps could be solved with OTC potassium supplements and started taking them by the handful. Blood work came back and my doc was puzzled and concerned. Told her what I was doing and she told me to "STOP!". Took a couple months to get it down to safe levels. Now I just drink a LOT more water, especially at bedtime, and the cramps are pretty much gone. Damned bad circulation...
You're lucky. Excess potassium can really mess with your heart.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You're lucky. Excess potassium can really mess with your heart.
That's exactly what she told me. Now I just take a multivitamin for men 50+ and try not to eat like a teenager. That's the only time I've ever seen her mad. "Who told you to do that?!"

GregV814

the body is nothing than a collection of chemicals. Mine was out of whack. Its fixed.
If the post upset you, I am sincerely sorry.