Hi

Melon1

I just found this site through the classifieds, and wanted to introduce myself. I hope to participate in a lot of the disscussions here :) I live in Baltimore County, not sure if thats southern MD or not. We currently own 3 dogs and keep my aunt's dog for her, so it's really more like 4. They are all rescues, Gooey is an almost 9 yr old pit bull, an ex fighter, we've had her since she was 6 months old, and though she has some problems from her tough puppyhood, she's a good dog. Annie, my aunt's dog lives with us because my aunt doesn't take care of her. She's 4 yrs old, and we've had her for 2 1/2 yrs. My aunt occasionally takes her places, but she basically lives with us. My mom's Chihuahua, Joey, is a 3 yr old male Chihuahua, rescued from the vets where she works, and my dad's dog is a 4 yr old Cocker Spaniel named Casey. We also have a cat (another rescue), 3 turtles, 2 lizards, and some fish. I do a little rescue, not much since our house is already full :) , but I'd like to get more involved, and hope to eventually start a rescue center for "dangerous breeds" since these are usually the ones who have the most trouble finding good homes when their irresponsible owners decide they're too much trouble and get rid of them. Well I guess I've taken up enough space here, so hi to everyone :)
  mel

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Hello, fellow dog-person!:)  Sounds like you really have a lot of pets there in your home.  I have lots of relatives in Baltimore.  My sister lives right off of York Rd. in Towson, near Towson State College, the rest are scattered throughout the county.  By the way...Charles, Calvert, and St. Mary's counties are considered to be southern Maryland.

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Welcome Mel! Good to have you here. Where in Balto. County do you live? I have relatives in Perry Hall and Bowleys Quarters. Also, what kind of fish do you have? (I think I'm the resident "fish lady", hahaha!) Congrats on all your good work with the dogs!!!

Melon1

Well I guess I'm not southern then, lol. I live by Dundalk, about 15 minutes from there. As for fish, I have 2 fancy goldfish, a pleco and some corys. Then we have a guppy tank, where somehow the seperated male managed to escape to the females side and now we have more than enough guppies. :| I had several bettas, 2 were from a breeder, as were the guppies, but they got old and died, and right now my mom's fancy goldfish are in a tank in our living room b/c it's too cold for them in the pond. The turtles are in a big tank in our living room, it's 125 gallons, and the one turtle is already outgrowing it, so we'll have to make him another living space and I've been talking to my mom about putting fish into the big tank, but she doesn't seem to like the idea so far.
  mel