Hidden Springs Hunter Shows

ablondebarnbabe

Hey, has anyone done a hunter show at hidden springs stable in Lothian?
I planned on hitting the one this sunday but I've never been, last year their forms were exactly the same as equilibrium's, is that still so this year?

crpc

Don't know about the forms but the classes are quite small. The whole show tends to end by 2 ish. That is nice.

Last edited:

fredsaid2

Hey, has anyone done a hunter show at hidden springs stable in Lothian?
I planned on hitting the one this sunday but I've never been, last year their forms were exactly the same as equilibrium's, is that still so this year?

I think BZ watched one of their shows. Hopefully she'll be on soon. Let us know what you thought of it monday and Good Luck!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I think BZ watched one of their shows. Hopefully she'll be on soon. Let us know what you thought of it monday and Good Luck!

No, I never made it up to Hidden Springs. The Schooling Shows that were down her seemed to have a better class selection. Hopefully if the weather is going to be as nice as predicted I'll be out doing horse stuff.

If you do make it up to the show please let us all know how it goes & how the show was. :howdy:

Caves Farm up in Owings Mills has a few more schooling shows coming up. You might want to check out their website.

Equestrian Activities Hunter/Jumper Training, Horse Shows, Boarding and Sales at Caves Farm

ablondebarnbabe

So, I got all spiffied up for said Hidden Springs show, got there, and was told it had been cancelled and rescheduled for later this month. So I hopped back in my trailer w/ my horse and we headed to equilibrium. It was a great day so I made sure I didn't waste all that extra grooming time. If I do hit the new Hidden Springs show I will post about it for those that haven't been either.

BZHorseMomE

So, I got all spiffied up for said Hidden Springs show, got there, and was told it had been cancelled and rescheduled for later this month. So I hopped back in my trailer w/ my horse and we headed to equilibrium. It was a great day so I made sure I didn't waste all that extra grooming time. If I do hit the new Hidden Springs show I will post about it for those that haven't been either.

Why did they cancel the show?? It seemed like the weather was awesome today and wouldn't the show have been indoors.

How did the Equilibrium show go?

ablondebarnbabe

The farm was worried about a viral outbreak that recently happened, I'm assuming a herpes outbreak at some maryland farm, but I hadn't heard of one, and the guy at Hidden Springs didn't elaborate.

Equilibrium was fun, the weather was perfect!
I just did a few puddle jumper classes with my horse because she was acting up at first, then I did some 2 foot classes. I got disqualified from one because I ran the course wrong. Oops! But a fairly rewarding day with 3 4ths and 1 5th out of my 5 classes. After my classes I got to run around the field there jumping their fun cross-country jumps. The classes I was in were of good size, about 6-7 people. Of course the one I messed up on only had 2! There went that easy 2nd place.

I do like Equilibrium shows because they are very organized, the people are always friendly, there is that fun field to play in, and there are professional photgraphers (they make just a schooling show feel more special:jet: ). I always show alone (no siblings and I'm new to the area w/ no buddies that show up here) but these shows always has nice, friendly people and good classes.

Oh and I checked out the site for the shows in Ownings Mills, looks fun!

BZHorseMomE

The farm was worried about a viral outbreak that recently happened, I'm assuming a herpes outbreak at some maryland farm, but I hadn't heard of one, and the guy at Hidden Springs didn't elaborate.

Equilibrium was fun, the weather was perfect!
I just did a few puddle jumper classes with my horse because she was acting up at first, then I did some 2 foot classes. I got disqualified from one because I ran the course wrong. Oops! But a fairly rewarding day with 3 4ths and 1 5th out of my 5 classes. After my classes I got to run around the field there jumping their fun cross-country jumps. The classes I was in were of good size, about 6-7 people. Of course the one I messed up on only had 2! There went that easy 2nd place.

I do like Equilibrium shows because they are very organized, the people are always friendly, there is that fun field to play in, and there are professional photgraphers (they make just a schooling show feel more special:jet: ). I always show alone (no siblings and I'm new to the area w/ no buddies that show up here) but these shows always has nice, friendly people and good classes.

Oh and I checked out the site for the shows in Ownings Mills, looks fun!

Sounds like having to change gears and go to Equilibrium worked out well. Plus you had a good day and six good classes to school in.

Does Hidden Springs have a website? I thought I had logged onto there site last year, but don't seem to be able to find it.

Yes, Caves Farm does seem to have a very nice facility. Up in that area it is one of many wonderful places to show all seaon long. I think they also host HCHSA & BCHSA shows. I don't think they have any Rated shows yet. McDonogh School in Baltimore County has great show grounds. They have Rated and very large school shows there throughout the show season.

Hope, your able to go to the next Hidden Springs show. What was the date of the next show? If the weather is lousy and I can't do anything outdoors that day I might have to venture up there to check the place out.

bosox

There are reported outbreaks in DE but nothing reported in Maryland. SoMD has one farm under a self-imposed quarantine for strangles.

ablondebarnbabe

It was rescheduled for the 24th, but I'd suggest calling ahead before trailering up there just in case this happens again and they don't post it on their site.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
It was rescheduled for the 24th, but I'd suggest calling ahead before trailering up there just in case this happens again and they don't post it on their site.

:howdy: I talked to your momma at work today, but I still wasn't sure that was you until you posted your placings. Momma is proud of you!! :diva: Congrats and I'm glad you had fun at the show! Once I get fixed up I'll bring my dirty, dirty Peanut man up to a show.

covekat

We took my very green TB to Caves Farm yesterday... this was his second show...it is a lovely facility, with a huge indoor and very nice jumps!

A well run show, but they really drag it out... I guess thats the norm for hunter shows these days.