High School Football Combine

PinnaclePerform

1st Annual SMAC Football Combine

Open to all 9th, 10th and 11th grade students looking to get tested on their performance. The combine is completely FREE!!! Many other combines are expensive but we are trying to help our local athletes by offering a free professional combine.

All Registrations must be completed online at:

www. smacfootballcoaches. org

Each athlete will be tested in:

- 40 Yard Dash

- Vertical Jump

- Broad Jump

- 3 Cone Drill

- Bench Press

- 20 Yard Shuttle

Each athlete will have their height and weight measured which will be attached to their results and filed to give to potential colleges.

WHERE: WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL

WHEN: APRIL 11, 2010

TIME: 2:00pm

COST: FREE

Presented by:
SMAC Football Coaches Association
Universal Sports and Academics, Inc.
Pinnacle Performance Strength and Conditioning

Roundabout

This is awesome. Finally, something happening to expose our kids to something outside the county. I hope St. Mary's parents and coaches get on board with this and not just try to figure out a way to screw this football event up.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Let me guess. Someone at this event will be offering a service to help any student perform better. Just sign up and pay the fee.

PinnaclePerform

Let me guess. Someone at this event will be offering a service to help any student perform better. Just sign up and pay the fee.

Not at all, I own a company that does provide that service but that's not what event is for. I am working with S.M.A.C. coaches to better our local athletes and catch them up with the rest of the state as far as getting them exposure to colleges. I'm not a fly-by-night company who wants to take parents money and run out of town. I was born and raised in Charles County, played high school football and decided to form my company here and if there is anything I can do to help better local talent I will do it, even if that means its for free. I do lots of free sessions for local kids. Will I be wearing my company shirt? yes, Will I be shoving my services down there throat? NO! That's not what this Combine is about. Its about connecting the Tri-county Conference together and having unity like P.G. and Montgomery County does. We have great athletes here so we need to be able to showcase their talents.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Not at all, I own a company that does provide that service but that's not what event is for. I am working with S.M.A.C. coaches to better our local athletes and catch them up with the rest of the state as far as getting them exposure to colleges. I'm not a fly-by-night company who wants to take parents money and run out of town. I was born and raised in Charles County, played high school football and decided to form my company here and if there is anything I can do to help better local talent I will do it, even if that means its for free. I do lots of free sessions for local kids. Will I be wearing my company shirt? yes, Will I be shoving my services down there throat? NO! That's not what this Combine is about. Its about connecting the Tri-county Conference together and having unity like P.G. and Montgomery County does. We have great athletes here so we need to be able to showcase their talents.

Cool see you there!
:yay:

PinnaclePerform

About 2 weeks away. Its not too late to sign up. We have about 120 kids signed up so far, looks to be a great turnout. Hopefully we can get some Southern Maryland athletes on the map!!!

Monello

PREMO Member
Not at all, I own a company that does provide that service but that's not what event is for.
Smells like BS to me. I bet there will be an attempt at this event to sign up athletes to 'help' them improve performance regardless of how incapable they are. But you do what you need to do to make a buck. That's how our system works. I'm just trying to educate the people who may not be aware of what this really is. Oh and it goes on in just about every sport.

They have the same thing on those radio commercials where they are looking for talent for tv shows. Of course everyone is just what they are looking for, but you need a little polish. Just take our expensive 10 week course and you'll be moving to Hollywood.

Zguy28

Smells like BS to me. I bet there will be an attempt at this event to sign up athletes to 'help' them improve performance regardless of how incapable they are. But you do what you need to do to make a buck. That's how our system works. I'm just trying to educate the people who may not be aware of what this really is. Oh and it goes on in just about every sport.

They have the same thing on those radio commercials where they are looking for talent for tv shows. Of course everyone is just what they are looking for, but you need a little polish. Just take our expensive 10 week course and you'll be moving to Hollywood.
Lighten up Francis.

PinnaclePerform

I encourage you to read the previous post above that I wrote. I could have easily charged $100 per athlete for this combine but I didnt. I didnt create this combine for money. I am very successfull having athletes and parents come to me, not me reaching out to them. Do I advertise? Yes. Am I in the business to make money? Yes.

I feel sorry for your outlook on life but believe it or not there are some people out there who want to help others without expecting something in return!

Monello

PREMO Member
I encourage you to read the previous post above that I wrote. I could have easily charged $100 per athlete for this combine but I didnt. I didnt create this combine for money. I am very successfull having athletes and parents come to me, not me reaching out to them. Do I advertise? Yes. Am I in the business to make money? Yes.

I feel sorry for your outlook on life but believe it or not there are some people out there who want to help others without expecting something in return!
I also encourage you to read my initial post on this subject. Once I saw that there was a FREE sports evaluation geared for high school aged athletes, I recognized this being aligned with some sort of activity that is in the business of offering some sort of paid training. Then you verified my initial suspicion by saying that you do offer that service. How did I come to this conclusion? Just about every sport has businesses offering the same type of performance evaluation. And as part of the evaluation they make it clear to the person with the checkbook that they can help the athlete improve their performance with some sort of group or individual training.

All I'm saying here is if you are offering the service just say so. No big deal. You don't need to feel sorry for me. I also enjoy passing along some of the unique skills I've learned over the years, but I don't offer it as a business.

But I bet you are a business man first and a humanitarian second. Nothing wrong in that. I wish you success in your endeavor.

yeti

I give you two thumbs for putting this together.

Without sponsors like yourself stepping up to put together an event like this then it would most likely never happen. Your business devoted time, energy and resources to put this together and deserve the recognition.

PinnaclePerform

I give you two thumbs for putting this together.

Without sponsors like yourself stepping up to put together an event like this then it would most likely never happen. Your business devoted time, energy and resources to put this together and deserve the recognition.

Thank you Yeti, I can't take all the credit. There were other non profit organizations like Unique Sports and other SMAC coaches that are helping to set up this great event. I just hope supportive people like you come and see the great athletes we have and help propell them to become better athletes and greater individuals.

PinnaclePerform

The S.M.A.C. Combine is 4 days a way. We have about 150 football players in the area signed up! This is a great turnout for our first event!