High School Goalie Quits Team in Most Dramatic Way

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
High School Goalie Quits Team in Most Dramatic Way: Scores on His Own Team, Flips Off Coaches, Then Leaves

There are epic ways to quit your job. Then there are epic ways to quit a team. Austin Krause just showed the world one way to do the latter.

Krause is (or was) a senior goalie at Farmington High School in Minnesota. It was senior night on Tuesday, and Krause got the start — a rarer occurence this season. And that was part of the problem: Krause had been losing playing time this season to a sophomore he’s not too fond of.

We’ll let him tell you in his own words what he decided to do to make his point (courtesy of the Farmington Independent):

“They played this sophomore goalie for the starter, he was terrible, I would try and talk to the coaches about this and tell them I want playing time but they never really listen to me or gave me a chance to show them that I’m a better goalie but still wouldn’t trust me so I had it it with I asked a few of my players if they care if I did it and they didn’t care they thought it would be funny so at the third period they dumped it in I stopped it put in my net started to skate off then flicked the coaches not the team the coaches then I saluted them then got off.”

everyone gets a trophy .... it is not about winning

LordStanley

I know nothing
He should have pulled a SlapShot and took all his equipment off and skated around the rink in just his jock strap

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Legend in his own mind? I don't think a HS coach would play an inferior player for the "trophy for everyone mentality".

Hockey coaches do have their favorites and will bench whomever they choose to for a myriad of reasons or no reason at all. I've seen better goalies sit while their team gets spanked.

MMDad

Lem Putt
good for him for acting like a spoiled little baby because he didn't get what he wanted?

It's Andi. What do you expect? He runs his yap then cries when it backfires. The immaturity shown by the goalie with his little temper tantrum is what Andi dreams of one day having the courage to do.

Thank God he'll never reproduce.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
good for him for acting like a spoiled little baby because he didn't get what he wanted?

Sure! Now he doesn't get to play at all, he's a laughingstock on national news, and he won't be attracting any college scouts. Guess he showed them!

Sure! Now he doesn't get to play at all, he's a laughingstock on national news, and he won't be attracting any college scouts. Guess he showed them!
Yeah that....:yeahthat: Pssst... if the coach used to play you and isn't playing you as much... that's a clue.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This could be a make or break moment for this kid. Check back in 10 years and see what he's doing.