High school grudges

Christy

b*tch rocket
Anyone still have them?

The only grudge I had was with a girl who (I felt) wanted to beat me up most of my high school years. She scared the crap out of me. She also happens to be the cousin of who was my High School BFF. Went back home and met up with the both of them and the girl who I always thought wanted to kill me is not so bad, and is genuinely kind and wonderful person. We had a good laugh over it all.

Hank

my war
12993371_981710405251486_2274500248748806699_n.jpg

Vince

Anyone still have them?

We're planning our 35th reunion and last night there was a bit of an explosion between a couple of classmates that has apparently been simmering for 35 years. :yikes: Hell, I don't remember who I hated yesterday, let alone 35 years ago.
:yeahthat: I hardly remember who I went to High School with.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People actually had high school rivals outside of movies?

Right? I didn't. I had people I didn't like or was feuding with for some reason, but never anyone who was my mortal enemy or that I even remember 35 years later. Or 10 minutes later.

acommondisaster

My HS rival was paralyzed in a hit and run by my car.

I'm making 2 posts....first..about this. My classmates - Twins and their best friend out drinking one night. Best friend wrecks the car, one of the twins is killed. A few years after graduation, the driver becomes a paraplegic in a diving accident. Fast forward about 8 years - surviving twin and paraplegic have become friends again and hang out together. Twin takes wheelchair bound best friend out fishing (it's Wisconsin), forgets to set the brake on the car - as he's getting all of the gear out, the car rolls over and kills the wheelchair bound twin killer friend. Nothing suspicious about it, a true accident. Maybe grudges are best left intact.

acommondisaster

I was pretty much bullied in school. No idea why, I've never had a problem making friends, having boyfriends, once I left my hometown. Although I had a great group of friends in school, it wasn't just a case of being ignored or being an outcast, it was ugly remarks and constant teasing. Anyhow, when I get friend requests on facebook from these people (nearly 40 years later) I do wonder if they remember how cruel they were, though I've never asked. I have enjoyed the FB friendships I've made with them and it's all pretty much water under the bridge (it's been nearly 40 years for crying out loud).

I've only been to one reunion - my 20th - and I really do recommend that people go - they can be a lot of fun. There was one "boy" who was especially cruel - I don't think we ever had an encounter in school other than his opportunities for teasing - so after a few beers, I kept asking everyone when he'd gotten out of jail. Of course, he'd never been, but I did have fun with it and I never let on that it was a joke. Felt good.

SamSpade

Anyone still have them?

We're planning our 35th reunion and last night there was a bit of an explosion between a couple of classmates that has apparently been simmering for 35 years. :yikes: Hell, I don't remember who I hated yesterday, let alone 35 years ago.

For some strange reason - when I went to look people up on the Internet - I found that most of the people I had any kind of problem with had died a long time ago.
Some of them I had to actually ask people about, because I couldn't find them *anywhere*. One of them told me "oh he died a couple years after graduation. Very sad."

I remember one crush I had on a girl - took her out on a date, whereupon one of her male friends crashed it, and she went home with him. Yep. They both died twenty years ago. Long gone.

But it's been so long since high school, I'm pretty sure any reunion would mostly include people I've long since forgotten, or never knew. I've seen the lists of past reunions - out of a graduating class of 250-300, maybe 20 show up, and I don't know any of them.

And - well - I just don't care. It's been too long. If they were old friends long gone, I'd love to see them, but mostly, it would be people I don't know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For some strange reason - when I went to look people up on the Internet - I found that most of the people I had any kind of problem with had died a long time ago.
Some of them I had to actually ask people about, because I couldn't find them *anywhere*. One of them told me "oh he died a couple years after graduation. Very sad."

I remember one crush I had on a girl - took her out on a date, whereupon one of her male friends crashed it, and she went home with him. Yep. They both died twenty years ago. Long gone.

Tell us more about this cult you were in....

:jet:

I enjoy my reunions. People I didn't really know in high school have turned out to be pretty cool and it's good seeing the ones I did hang out with but lost touch with.

Vince

Anyone still have them?
Nah. Wasn't very popular in High School. The only kid I had a problem with, I threw down the steps going to the gym locker room. No more problem. And I don't even remember his name.

SamSpade

Tell us more about this cult you were in....

From the age of about 20, to about 30. High school didn't really figure in there anywhere.

To be fair, *socially*, it was a good time for me. The problems came from the leadership on up, and their decisions and control. But the individuals down on my level, the rank and file, most of them were pretty cool and we have a lot of fun.

And if it hadn't been for them, I'd still be this sourpuss loner who'd barely ever gone on a date - when I was in that cult, I went out a few times a month, a feat I never duplicated.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From the age of about 20, to about 30. High school didn't really figure in there anywhere.

To be fair, *socially*, it was a good time for me. The problems came from the leadership on up, and their decisions and control. But the individuals down on my level, the rank and file, most of them were pretty cool and we have a lot of fun.

And if it hadn't been for them, I'd still be this sourpuss loner who'd barely ever gone on a date - when I was in that cult, I went out a few times a month, a feat I never duplicated.

I was just making a joke about how all your enemies died. :huggy:

BlueSunday

I think people have to realize High School stunk for almost everyone.Look at the way it is set up whether it was a four year situation or as in my case a three year Jr&Sr High school situation high school is a terrible time ,period.If you weren't worried about fitting in you aren't being honest with yourself be it with older kids ,sports teams ,clubs class's and God forbid you had a older brother or sister in school with you or worse yet a graduated legend in their own right that every teacher knew and add into this puberty and high school was hell for everyone.

Last edited:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
You bunch of freakin kids.. I am having my 50th this summer.. Hell, I don't even remember graduating let alone who I hated and who hated me. I am going just to see who actually did hate me and who I actually hated. Hope I recognize them..

SamSpade

I was just making a joke about how all your enemies died. :huggy:

:shrug:

I only ever had one "enemy" in school, and I didn't even know he was one until I'd known him for quite some time. I just didn't know that messing with me was such a priority to him, and since he was a rich popular kid, athletic and the girls liked him - I just never understood what kind of threat I posed.

I got over it eventually. It kind of helped that when my sister entered high school, he was entirely smitten with her - and after a few dates, she saw through him completely. It was kind of funny to see the dance between them, where he'd flirt as though he still had a chance, and she'd coyly slam him to the curb.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I think people have to realize High School stunk for almost everyone.Look at the way it is set up whether it was a four year situation or as in my case a seven year Jr&Sr High school situation high school is a terrible time ,period.If you weren't worried about fitting in you aren't being honest with yourself be it with older kids ,sports teams ,clubs class's and God forbid you had a older brother or sister in school with you or worse yet a graduated legend in their own right that every teacher knew and add into this puberty and high school was hell for everyone.

I'm glad I wasn't in the :loser: click...