HIgh speed car chase, helicopter search Saturday night?

paxguy

Hello,

Anyone have any details on the car crash and helicopter search in Lower Marboro on Saturday night (April 30th)? Sirens everywhere on Lower Marlboro Road around 10:30pm, and the state police helicopter was practically landing on our roof looking for someone. The only sign yesterday was a long set of skid marks (200'+) going down to the town parking lot and smashed reflectors and fluid on the pavement.

A search of the online news turns up nada. Only word I've heard via the grapevine is that a car was stolen, high speed chase on Route 4 turned onto Lower Marlboro Road and four guys ran. WIth a helicopter circling for more than a half hour, I would have thought it would have made the big news by now.

paxguy

K

Kain99

I hate it when the Helicopters are searching right over your house and then no news! That sucks! :frown:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by paxguy
Hello,

Anyone have any details on the car crash and helicopter search in Lower Marboro on Saturday night (April 30th)? Sirens everywhere on Lower Marlboro Road around 10:30pm, and the state police helicopter was practically landing on our roof looking for someone. The only sign yesterday was a long set of skid marks (200'+) going down to the town parking lot and smashed reflectors and fluid on the pavement.

A search of the online news turns up nada. Only word I've heard via the grapevine is that a car was stolen, high speed chase on Route 4 turned onto Lower Marlboro Road and four guys ran. WIth a helicopter circling for more than a half hour, I would have thought it would have made the big news by now.

paxguy

We were coming back from Annapolis around that time and saw at least 6 cop cars booking north on 4 and heard the helicopter fly overhead. We wondered what all the activity was but kept on going. The only thing were saw before that was a white van stopped in the median with two cop cars behind it. It looked like they were searching the van. But it doesn't sound like that was related to what you're talking about.

paxguy

We were inside with the doors locked and the gun loaded. It definitely wasn't a river search and rescue, cops were racing around and the helicopter spent most of the time circling and spotlighting our backyard and the marsh near town. Plenty of shouting, it was serious.

Anybody have details? Did they catch them?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
From the Calvert County police blotter

Disorderly Conduct/Assault/Resisting arrest

On May 1st, 2004 at 9:15pm members of the Maryland State Police and The Calvert County Sheriff’s Office were involved in a pursuit that ended in a crash at the end of Lower Marlboro Rd., Sunderland, Md. During the search for suspects, Lloyd Lee Bennett 44 years of age of Churchton, Md. attempted to enter the crime scene. He was advised to leave the area until the suspects were secure. He became very loud and began to curse at the officers on the scene. He was again told to calm down to which he refused. He was placed under arrest for Disorderly conduct at which time he attempted to strike Dfc. Makrokanis and resisted arrest. He was taken into custody and charged with Disorderly Conduct, 2nd Degree Assault, and Resisting Arrest. He was transported to the Calvert County Detention Center for processing.

I'm sure there will be more in the papers tomorrow.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by kwillia
No wonder the stripper ditched you....:ohwell:

:bonk:

She called last night...
claims her cell phone has been broken and she hadn't been able to get hold of me.

Claims there was some kind of family emergency with her dad...

paxguy

No one?

Yesterday's Calvert Independent doesn't mention a thing about the mess last Saturday night.

Four guys steal a car, go on a very high speed chase up route 4 and down Lower Marlboro Rd, totalled their car with two other cars at the town parking lot, and got into a chase with the state police helicopter for the better part of an hour around the town and through a surrounding marsh.

And this doesn't make the news at all, other than the Calvert Sheriff's blotter mentioning that some (probably drunk) guy from Churchton got into a fight at the scene!!!

Anyone hear anything? Did they get caught? Don't leave me hanging. :bawl:

paxguy