Hiking

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Nope! They're all of the HUMOROUS type...:biggrin:

Actually, there's some good, lengthy trails at Cedarville State Park (off Route 5), and a few at Calvert Cliffs State Park and Flag Ponds Park (both off of Route 2; not particularly "serious," but scenic!) If you go up just north of Baltimore, there's the Gunpowder State Park (near White Marsh, with a nice hike along the Gunpowder River and surrounding rocky hills) and Rock State Park (steep, rocky trails with really spectacular views!) Across the Bay Bridge, there's Tuckahoe State Park (small, with a lake) and Blackwater Wildlife Refuge (flat, hike/bike trail with EXCELLENT resident bald eagle viewing opps!)

PM me if you want more info...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
If you go up just north of Baltimore, there's the Gunpowder State Park (near White Marsh, with a nice hike along the Gunpowder River and surrounding rocky hills)
A few years back my daughter said she went there with the school. On the weekend when I went to visit she took us to the park, telling us there was a really cool bridge about 1/2 mile down the trail. Wrong! :rolleyes: Three hours later in mid-July with no water, I finally hobbled back to the car.

Nice hike but if you go, go prepared.