Hillary

Bluecrqbe

Another interesting news bit, for those that say I don’t follow the news

here is AOC’s weekly recap on Insta, she’s proposed fee free ATM’s at post offices, I know you folks hate her, but, isn’t that kinda awesome? I know Wawa’s offer fee free atms, and I have Charles Schwab so all my fees are reimbursed, but lots of folks don’t.

this woman is grinding, she’s no Michelle Bachman, she’s the next gen, and she’s here to work!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
JP Morgan was talking with the Post Office about this back in Aug of 2020.

She's just jumping on someone else's bandwagon again.

Bare-ya-cuda

here is AOC’s weekly recap on Insta, she’s proposed fee free ATM’s at post offices, I know you folks hate her, but, isn’t that kinda awesome? I know Wawa’s offer fee free atms, and I have Charles Schwab so all my fees are reimbursed, but lots of folks don’t.

this woman is grinding, she’s no Michelle Bachman, she’s the next gen, and she’s here to work!

Figures you would want “free” crap. Something for nothing

22AcaciaAve

I know I’ll be skewered for this, but don’t you have some curiosity for what life would be like today if Russia hadn’t intervened in 2016? I know I do.

First of all, there is no evidence that Russia changed any votes, deleted any votes, added any false votes, or prevented anyone from voting. The evidence of Russian "interference" is that they planted fake stories and fake accounts on social media sites. That is not interference, it is propaganda, something the US has been doing in South American elections since the 1960's. And the Obama administration was warned about it as early as 2012 from the Georgia elections that same year(The former Soviet province, not the US state). They did nothing to counteract it. Hillary did not lose because of Russian interference. She lost because, while she had a good base, she could not carry independents in the swing states she needed to capture. She all but abandoned campaigning in Wisconsin, and then wondered why she lost. She was polarizing from the beginning. Independents did not want her, and they were willing to take a chance on Trump. They would have most likely gone for any other Republican rather than vote for her. Had Biden run against Trump in 2016, I think he would have won because I think those independents that wanted anyone but Hillary, would have voted for him. Many of those same independents deserted Trump in 2020, and that's why he lost. (I don't buy the Trump conspiracy theories any more than I buy the Russian interference BS from Hillary.)

As for AOC and her free ATM's, how many people still pay fees at ATM's? Is it really that hard to find an ATM from your bank? If so, maybe you should be looking for another bank. I haven't paid an ATM fee in over a decade and I have never been anywhere that my bank isn't represented. I mean, if I am somewhere so remote that I need to find a post office, I'm pretty sure I could locate my bank just as easily. I think you might get more traction putting free ATMs at McDonalds then you would Post Offices. Plus with debit and credit cards, cash is becoming less and less prevalent these days. Sort of like the post office itself. The mail in my box keeps getting less and less.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We'd never know what a sore loser she is. The 2016 election was 5 years ago. Let go already.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh god, I was just teasing with all this, but I just read some articles. Is Biden smacking a bee’s nest? This seems, unnerving.

The only modern President we've had that didn't love starting wars and keeping them going was....well, you know who.

I read somewhere that they do this to keep us angry and hating some other country so we won't look so closely at their corruption.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
here is AOC’s weekly recap on Insta, she’s proposed fee free ATM’s at post offices, I know you folks hate her, but, isn’t that kinda awesome?

A few months ago she was saying that black people don't know how to get to the post office. Is she being intentionally racist?

Bluecrqbe

First of all, there is no evidence that Russia changed any votes, deleted any votes, added any false votes, or prevented anyone from voting. The evidence of Russian "interference" is that they planted fake stories and fake accounts on social media sites. That is not interference, it is propaganda, something the US has been doing in South American elections since the 1960's. And the Obama administration was warned about it as early as 2012 from the Georgia elections that same year(The former Soviet province, not the US state). They did nothing to counteract it. Hillary did not lose because of Russian interference. She lost because, while she had a good base, she could not carry independents in the swing states she needed to capture. She all but abandoned campaigning in Wisconsin, and then wondered why she lost. She was polarizing from the beginning. Independents did not want her, and they were willing to take a chance on Trump. They would have most likely gone for any other Republican rather than vote for her. Had Biden run against Trump in 2016, I think he would have won because I think those independents that wanted anyone but Hillary, would have voted for him. Many of those same independents deserted Trump in 2020, and that's why he lost. (I don't buy the Trump conspiracy theories any more than I buy the Russian interference BS from Hillary.)

As for AOC and her free ATM's, how many people still pay fees at ATM's? Is it really that hard to find an ATM from your bank? If so, maybe you should be looking for another bank. I haven't paid an ATM fee in over a decade and I have never been anywhere that my bank isn't represented. I mean, if I am somewhere so remote that I need to find a post office, I'm pretty sure I could locate my bank just as easily. I think you might get more traction putting free ATMs at McDonalds then you would Post Offices. Plus with debit and credit cards, cash is becoming less and less prevalent these days. Sort of like the post office itself. The mail in my box keeps getting less and less.
I don’t trust the Russians, you might, I don’t

more free atms are better in general, put one on every street corner.

UglyBear

I never mentioned any race, I just think folks should have fee free access to their money.
Everyone does have free access to their money - it’s called “cash”. Take out all your money, even if it’s currently in a bank, at the local brunch for free, carry it in a satchel — no fee ever.

ATM fees are those pesky convenience fees — same as why soda in a vending machine costs more than at a wholesale place like Sam’s Club.

If you are capable of it, think ahead, figure out how much you need, take it out at your local branch for free. Using third-party ATMs, and paying fees, is purely your choice.

ATM vendors are there to provide you a service, and that’s their business and livelihood. They take the risk of installing ATMs, connecting them to a very secure banking network, filling them with cash, servicing them when they break. They have to refill it with cash and replace the machine when it gets destroyed by your beloved rioters and looters. For that they charge a very reasonable fee.

Do you need me to explain banking to you? I can draw some pictures if you need.

Bluecrqbe

Everyone does have free access to their money - it’s called “cash”. Take out all your money, even if it’s currently in a bank, at the local brunch for free, carry it in a satchel — no fee ever.

ATM fees are those pesky convenience fees — same as why soda in a vending machine costs more than at a wholesale place like Sam’s Club.

If you are capable of it, think ahead, figure out how much you need, take it out at your local branch for free. Using third-party ATMs, and paying fees, is purely your choice.

ATM vendors are there to provide you a service, and that’s their business and livelihood. They take the risk of installing ATMs, connecting them to a very secure banking network, filling them with cash, servicing them when they break. They have to refill it with cash and replace the machine when it gets destroyed by your beloved rioters and looters. For that they charge a very reasonable fee.

Do you need me to explain banking to you? I can draw some pictures if you need.
You first compared ATMs to sodas machines, then you realized how dumb that was

so tell me the last job you got paid in cash? I’ve been working for many decades and only get paid in direct deposit....are you paid under the table?
Do you think it’s that expensive to run an atm inside a post office? What’s the cost? Electricity and someone to fill the machine with bills weekly? Is that really any expense?

UglyBear

You first compared ATMs to sodas machines, then you realized how dumb that was

so tell me the last job you got paid in cash? I’ve been working for many decades and only get paid in direct deposit....are you paid under the table?
Do you think it’s that expensive to run an atm inside a post office? What’s the cost? Electricity and someone to fill the machine with bills weekly? Is that really any expense?
Please tell me how third-party ATM machines are different from soda machines (the ones dispensing bottles)?

I have my paycheck direct-deposited into my bank account, and I am completely able to withdraw every single cent of it , the moment it clears, at the local branch of my bank for free.

BTW, if your next point is “but the bank charges a fee waaa”, you are free to shop around, plenty of banks and FCUs that offer completely free banking with direct deposit. That’s just having forethought to shop around and compare terms.

Bluecrqbe

Please tell me how third-party ATM machines are different from soda machines (the ones dispensing bottles)?

I have my paycheck direct-deposited into my bank account, and I am completely able to withdraw every single cent of it , the moment it clears, at the local branch of my bank for free.

BTW, if your next point is “but the bank charges a fee waaa”, you are free to shop around, plenty of banks and FCUs that offer completely free banking with direct deposit. That’s just having forethought to shop around and compare terms.
What is the harm to you if the postal service sets up fee free ATMs? Isn’t it likely a portion of those coming to use the atm will buy stamps, envelopes, or some other service from the post office?
I really don’t see how running an ATM is a big expense....maybe it is, help me understand.