Hip replacement needed

AnnaInVA

I am new to the area and am wondering if there is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon in the Pax River area ? I did a google and came up with Dr. Yousaf of the Center for Advanced Orthopedics. I replied to their website, filled out a questionnaire, but have not heard back. I understand, there are Drs. Cox and Bauk as well. Anyone else ?

Also, where are the surgeries performed and would patients be able to go to a rehab facility for an additional two weeks before returning home ?

Thank you !

AnnaInVA said:
I am new to the area and am wondering if there is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon in the Pax River area ? I did a google and came up with Dr. Yousaf of the Center for Advanced Orthopedics. I replied to their website, filled out a questionnaire, but have not heard back. I understand, there are Drs. Cox and Bauk as well. Anyone else ?

Also, where are the surgeries performed and would patients be able to go to a rehab facility for an additional two weeks before returning home ?

Thank you !
Cox did my M-I-L hip replacement years back. He did my mother's knee replacement too. Surgery was done at St. Mary's hospital. There is a rehab center not far from the hospital.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Cox did my M-I-L hip replacement years back. He did my mother's kneww replacement too. Surgery was done at St. Mary's hospital. There is a rehab center not far from the hospital.
Who knew...

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
AnnaInVA said:

Thank you !

I see Dr. Razaq, he is at the same office as Dr. Yousaf. They seem pretty nice there. Razaq is who may be doing my hand surgery.
Good luck!

AnnaInVA

not to sound disrespectful, but can you understand his English ? Over the years I have found that MDs to whom English is the second language, do not try very hard.

Thanks !

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
AnnaInVA said:
not to sound disrespectful, but can you understand his English ? Over the years I have found that MDs to whom English is the second language, do not try very hard.
Agreed, and it's disconcerting when you can't hardly understand a word your doctor is saying. I like a good old fashioned American doctor - one that speaks English.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
AnnaInVA said:

Thanks !

Dr. Razaq speaks clearly and is fairly easy to understand.

SoMDGirl42

Cox just did my sister's two knee replacements, one in April and the other in November. His bed side manner sometimes lack, but he is a heck of a good doctor.

St Mary's Nursing Home is near the hospital, and that is where my step father went for his rehab after knee replacement. My sister didn't require it as she was younger and a little more healthy, but should she have required it, they recommended she go there as well.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
AnnaInVA said:

Thank you !

Dr Spatz in Prince Frederick is good.

J

jp2854

I like DR. Spatz too and she has very good bedside manner and you can understand everything she says. She takes really good care of her patients too. She also has practice in Southern Calvert too in the urgent care building.

mainman

Set Trippin
AnnaInVA said:

Thanks !
He is a damn fine doctor and he speaks just fine...