Hips - ugh!

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Is there an exercise that will help remove "blubber" from hips? That seems to be a bad place for me that I am having a hard time getting rid of.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
I don't overdo myself on exercise right now. I only walk for 30 mins, 3 - 4 times a week and ride an exercise bike for 3 miles, 2 -3 times a week. I do 60 jumping jacks 2 times a day, just about every day. I was trying to do stuff at home to save on some money.

I drink LOTS of water, around 115 fl oz each day and I haven't given my sodas up totally yet. Still have about 1 a day or every other day. Most of the time, my food intake consists of fat free yogurt in the morning, snack on some grapes or strawberries during the morning, a salad or some kind of vegetable soup for lunch, some more fruit during the afternoon if I bought enough and then dinner is some kind of meat with another salad and some kind of veggie. Hardly any bread. Once in a while we will have a pasta for dinner.

I'm not worried about losing weight because I don't think I need to, but I think I do need to tone up some problem areas. Any suggestions on stuff I can do from home?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Any suggestions on stuff I can do from home?
It sounds like you are starting out good. I would suggest adding a few minutes to your cardio and start incorporating some strength training (for toning). I use this site for tips on exercises. Bodybuilding.com - #1 Exercises Guide - Over 300 Exercises!

You can do a lot at home with stuff you already have. And minimal investment in light weights, a yoga ball, resistance bands, etc., can help, too!

Maybe war will chime in - he's a pro at this sorta stuff! :yay:

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
It sounds like you are starting out good. I would suggest adding a few minutes to your cardio and start incorporating some strength training (for toning). I use this site for tips on exercises. Bodybuilding.com - #1 Exercises Guide - Over 300 Exercises!

You can do a lot at home with stuff you already have. And minimal investment in light weights, a yoga ball, resistance bands, etc., can help, too!

Maybe war will chime in - he's a pro at this sorta stuff! :yay:

Thanks Chasey! I like this website! I ended up in the nutrition section reading 10 ways to make chicken taste great! There looks like alot of helpful sections in there.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Is there an exercise that will help remove "blubber" from hips? That seems to be a bad place for me that I am having a hard time getting rid of.

This is working for me 3-5 days a week. Start out slowly so you don't hurt yourself:

1. DIET!!

2. Walk/run (outdoors or on a treadmill) for at least 20-30 minutes. Wear sweat pants so you work up a good sweat -- it burns fat better.

3. Side leg lifts (outer thigh): Lay on your side, body and legs in a straight line. Raise/lower top leg 30-50 times. Turn over and repeat on other side. Repeat each side at least twice. I swear by this one!

4. Side leg lifts (inner thigh): Lay on your side, with your top leg bent crossed over and in front of your bottom leg. Raise and lower the bottom leg 30-50 times. Turn over and repeat on other side. Repeat each side at least twice.

5. Squats: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees keeping your back straight and squat like you are sitting down on a chair, then stand back up. Repeat at least 10 times, holding each squat for about 5 seconds.

Good luck!

lovinmaryland

Have you tried using the elliptical? I noticed a huge difference in the hip/tummy/butt area after I started using it.