His Lordship's Kindness - Boarding

Amy

I had a co worker ask me about boarding there. I used to live in Clinton but I honestly know nothing about the place. Does anyone here have any information they can share? Or pm me if you don't want to post. I have told her about several places further south but she does not want to drive that far. Thanks!

Amy

Oh so its self care. I wonder if people help eachother out so they don't have to go twice a day everyday.

fredsaid2

Oh so its self care. I wonder if people help eachother out so they don't have to go twice a day everyday.

They probably do have a system worked out. I've done a co-op, it worked out to every other day for stalls/feeding. The only problem was needing to take off for vacation or travel. I'd pay someone to take my days and later found they didn't always show up. Someone at the barn always stepped in for me. So it can work w/ the right group of people.

barncat

I boarded there many years ago and I had gripes when I left. The arena footing was horrible, there were waves and very little sand, it desparately needed an overhaul and I don't know if they ever fixed it. Also, the outdoor riding rings had roads in the middle of them because the farm hands would not use the farm roads to dump the manure. Also boarders used the outdoor riding rings as turnout areas and it could turn into a heated arguement for them to get their horses out of there so you could jump or use a regulation size dressage arena. A lot of personalities to deal with on a constant basis. I found I preferred small, private barns, but they are hard to come by with all the ameneties that Lordship's has. This was almost 10 years ago though, a lot might have changed by now.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I sold a 4yo TB I had in the mid-80's to Our Lordships Kindness. The "Good Doctor" was his name - I bought him as a 2yo from Dr.John Hayes (large animal vet from croom/marlboro. :lmao:He named the colt after himself. Just like him, he is a trip.

Ill never forget when I delivered him there...the barns and ground are (well were) like Old Marlboro Money:drool:

barncat

I sold a 4yo TB I had in the mid-80's to Our Lordships Kindness. The "Good Doctor" was his name - I bought him as a 2yo from Dr.John Hayes (large animal vet from croom/marlboro. :lmao:He named the colt after himself. Just like him, he is a trip.

Ill never forget when I delivered him there...the barns and ground are (well were) like Old Marlboro Money:drool:

Was he a chestnut with a blaze and some white and they called him Doc?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
HLK is nice enough, but a bit run down. The fences tend to fall down, the stall floors aren't terribly flat, in some places the roof is quite low.

They have LOTS of trails, a nice covered riding area and jumps.

The horse owners form a co-op and pitch into buy things like hay or loads of sawdust, but you can buy all your own if you'd like. It is self care.

When I was working in Clinton I stopped by to check the place out to see if it would work as a place to board for a month to try out a new young horse. The 3yr old was 17.3h and really would not fit in the stalls there. So, I boarded at a place closer to my house instead.

barncat

HLK is nice enough, but a bit run down. The fences tend to fall down, the stall floors aren't terribly flat, in some places the roof is quite low.

They have LOTS of trails, a nice covered riding area and jumps.

The horse owners form a co-op and pitch into buy things like hay or loads of sawdust, but you can buy all your own if you'd like. It is self care.

When I was working in Clinton I stopped by to check the place out to see if it would work as a place to board for a month to try out a new young horse. The 3yr old was 17.3h and really would not fit in the stalls there. So, I boarded at a place closer to my house instead.

Don't remind me about the stall floors. A friend and I redid our own floors to get rid of the pee holes, what a job...

My guy was 15.2 so the stalls were fine for him, but some of the bigger horses did not fit the greatest. And when a big stall came open it was a free for all as to who got the stall, normally the person there when the horse left took the stall.

My tack was in my trailer for a month before someone would give me a saddle rack.

Sawdust arguements...I don't miss those at all. Some folks would take more then their share and all hell would break out.

Really, tell your friend it's easier to board at a full care facility. At Lorships she will spend a great deal of her time on petty matters instead of enjoying her horse.

Amy

Thanks for the input everyone. I will pass it along.

You bring up a great point barncat. I love full board. I never have to worry about my horse when I go out of town unlike the other pets we have.