Hitch Installs

mingiz

Horse Poor
Can anyone recommend a place to take my truck to have a gooseneck hitch installed. One place wants 480$ to install it and I think thats ridiculous.It's a rail type system as I tow GN & 5th Wheel with it...

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Have you tried the Hitchman in Waldorf? I had bought a truck that already had the rails and just needed the plate and it was $150.00 for the plate, so I could not imagine it being $480.00 for the complete kit & install.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Golden I already have the hitches I need the rails installed. They want to charge 4 times what I paid for the rails.....to put them in....

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
That is just plain :crazy:.
Have you thought about asking your local mechanic to see if they can installs the rails? It's just a matter of lining them up and drilling the holes, so I would imagine it would not be that complicated to install them. If that does not work than....
When I got rid of my truck I took the 5th wheel plate out and sold it to a friend. She purchased the rails and had her husband put them in for her. I could check with her and see if he would be interested/available to put yours in if you would like me too?

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
mingiz said:
Can anyone recommend a place to take my truck to have a gooseneck hitch installed. One place wants 480$ to install it and I think thats ridiculous.It's a rail type system as I tow GN & 5th Wheel with it...

I know how you can get it for free. Pay $16,000 or more cash for a gooseneck and the next thing you know your truck has a plate in the back. Didn't cost a penny. :lmao: You must preface your purchase with, "I can't buy a gooseneck, I don't have a plate in my truck." You'd be amazed how fast that plate gets in your truck. :flowers:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Unbelievable said:
I know how you can get it for free. Pay $16,000 or more cash for a gooseneck and the next thing you know your truck has a plate in the back. Didn't cost a penny. :lmao: You must preface your purchase with, "I can't buy a gooseneck, I don't have a plate in my truck." You'd be amazed how fast that plate gets in your truck. :flowers:

:lmao: :killingme :lmao:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I think any truck you buy over 1/2 ton should come with hitches installed. THey have the brake controllers built in what not the hitch to complete it?
Anyway Thanks all I have an appt for it next week.....at a resonable price....
Soon to be on the road again.....

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Hitchman is a rip off. Try Lund Cap mart in Brandywine, Couple good 'ol boys running it, usually decent prices