Hmmmm.....

BernieP

Resident PIA
No, it doesn't.

But had you paid attention to my post, you'd see the division. I believe that is math.

999 would be correct if we wanted numbers with leading zeros. We don't, as that would essentially be a two digit number. So, 9 possible values for first number, then 10 for the other 2. (9)(10)(10)=900 possible 3 digit number without leading zeros.

I agree with what you're saying though. I thought from day one the regulations/restrictions put in place did not effectively balance freedom and risk. It jeopardized out economy for what, IMO, will amount to be the death rate of the common cold.
actually with three decimal digits you count from 1 to 999, I left off zero for the even 1000 (10 to the 3rd).
It's been a political weapon the entire time, from the first time we learned of it until now.
Trump is a lot of things, some good, some not. But his gut instincts, common sense at times, is usually good.
He called for a travel embargo to/from China and was violently opposed.
He was accused of fear mongering. Subsequently we learn that WHO and China knew this virus was spreading rapidly inside China.
China didn't take any action until after the Lunar New Year holiday. China in the mean time was hoarding medical supplies.
The EU refused to halt immigration and embargo travel from China. The airlines said they could provide the administration with the "point of origin' for passengers. Where did many of those coming from the EU arrive?

When Trump said that the NY/NJ hot spot should be locked down (travel embargo) there was another protest. Now those two governors are going to quarantine anyone traveling from you guessed it, states that are Republican (no CA, OR or WA - which are still hotspots)
BTW, where did all those spring breakers that invaded Florida come from - check the travel map. It was major NE / Rustbelt cities.

Cuomo is the media darling while all he's done is cry and complain. Nobody is asking him about his orders that probably killed thousands of elderly and ill patients when he and Murphy both ordered nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities to accept infected patients and barred them from testing for COVID.

Not saying eveything Trump says is wrong. But frequently it's taken out of context and blown up.
The "bleach" thing. Turns out there is a technique that has been used to clean blood using a toxin, which is then filtered out.
If anyone took his comment literally and died from it, they were probably going to die sooner or later from a Tide pod.

Fauci is not in lock step with anyone, but if you listen to what he's said lately about a vaccine, it's what Trump said early on.
But instead of saying Trump was trying to offer optimism, people ridiculed him because it fit the story they want to tell.

People need to wake up. Stop drinking the media koolaide and do their own research, do rely on one side of a story. Apply some good old common sense. Add a dash of cynic to everything.

Chris0nllyn

actually with three decimal digits you count from 1 to 999, I left off zero for the even 1000 (10 to the 3rd).

People need to wake up. Stop drinking the media koolaide and do their own research, do rely on one side of a story. Apply some good old common sense. Add a dash of cynic to everything.

Counting from one, using a unique three digit number per the OP, would be 001. No news report is going to say "001 New COVID Cases". :lol:

I agree on your last part 100%.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Counting from one, using a unique three digit number per the OP, would be 001. No news report is going to say "001 New COVID Cases". :lol:

I agree on your last part 100%.
Please kindly remove your head from your rectum, there are 999 distinct numbers between 0 and 1000
Excluding using leading zeros.
:doh:

Chris0nllyn

Please kindly remove your head from your rectum, there are 999 distinct numbers between 0 and 1000
Excluding using leading zeros.
:doh:

No need to be an ass.

That's not what the OP said. She said:
I just saw a meme that said you can plug any 3 digit number followed by "new cases" into a Google search, and stories will come up to that effect.

Nothing comes up for 003 new cases though. Because it's not logical to assume a news outlet would report a 3 digit number, per the OP, in that format.

That would exclude the 9 numbers that can't be the first digit. 999-9=900 unique 3-digit numbers.

Is this going to be like the blue vs. gold dress thing or that math challenge that pops up on social media every once and a while?

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No need to be an ass.

Nothing comes up for 003 new cases though. Because it's not logical to assume a news outlet would report a 3 digit number, per the OP, in that format.

That would exclude the 9 numbers that can't be the first digit. 999-9=900 unique 3-digit numbers.

Is this going to be like the blue vs. gold dress thing or that math challenge that pops up on social media every once and a while?

It's interesting watching you twist yourself into a pretzel trying to refute a very simple insignificant observation.

What makes you this way?

DaSDGuy

It's interesting watching you twist yourself into a pretzel trying to refute a very simple insignificant observation.

What makes you this way?
Try and post something innocent and fun and this is what you get. Obviously he is one of those people who would argue with you if you said water is wet. Like it is said, some people just want to watch the world burn.

MSally

Pretty sure it's you who needs to have it explained. Gilligan posts on here all the time, much of it chit chat or informative. That's not a troll.
You make a lot of excuses for your clique, right up until they offend you and you ban them

BernieP

Resident PIA
No need to be an ass.

but I am,,,,,, 001 would read as 1.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You make a lot of excuses for your clique, right up until they offend you and you ban them

Okay, so you don't believe that Gilligan posts on here all the time on a myriad of topics? Even though it's right here for the whole world to see?

I've had enough dumb today. On ignore you go, little buddy!

Chris0nllyn

Try and post something innocent and fun and this is what you get.

If that was the case, then why not answer the question I posted.

If that was the case why would she, in the same OP,
I never feel bad when SOME of you say I'm crazy. Yeah, I'm fine, dude. Pretty sure it's you.

but I am,,,,,, 001 would read as 1.

View attachment 149286

It would. Which makes zero sense why you'd include that as a 3 digit number per the OP's exercise.

Using "003" fails the OP's test because literally no one reports COVID data like that.

He can prove it himself. He just needs to hold his head under till the bubbles stop.

How lovely.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If that was the case, then why not answer the question I posted.

If that was the case why would she, in the same OP,

It would. Which makes zero sense why you'd include that as a 3 digit number per the OP's exercise.

Using "003" fails the OP's test because literally no one reports COVID data like that.

How lovely.
who's being obtuse, the OP nor anyone else enters a number with leading zeros, unless it's a serial or part number.
We don't count 001, 002, 003, 01, 02, 03,