HOA Threatens to Foreclose on Residents Conducting Business at Home During Lockdown

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A Reddit user went to the legal advice thread with a question about being evicted for working from his condo along with 24 other "offenders."

Question-1024x338.png

The HOA complaint -- which was verified as legit by thread moderators -- says, "It has come to our attention that you are in violation of Article VII, Section 8 of our Bylaws" which state that "Commercial business may not be maintained or transacted on any Lot or in any residential unit." As a result, "we will be invoking section II, Article 4 of the Bylaws, which allows the Board to foreclose on any property that is in violation." The HOA president demands, "You must vacate the premises by April 30, 2020."

The letter is dated March 30, 2020, and here's a screencap of it:

There is being an ******* in a crisis, and then there is President-of-the-HOA-during-a-crisis level of *******. #Coronavirus #COVID pic.twitter.com/G3ZUIEUoQU
— associatesmind (@associatesmind) March 31, 2020
https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/hoa-to-people-trying-to-earn-a-living-during-the-lockdown-drop-dead/

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Good luck trying to get this enforced. I don't think this would fly in court this year. Hell, it might not even get to court this year! If they're like this county and state - all the courts are closed! :lmao:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I am disgusted some Little Eichmann that would pull some crap at this time
I am, too. Seriously.

I have an HOA, and I don't like the fact that I have one. However, it was the "best house for me at the time" I was buying and I needed a nice place to finish raising my boys. Mostly they're okay, but they have their moments, too. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol:

HOA officers are limitless in their quest for power. They are such pathetic little twits that they revel in Gladys Kravitzing around trying to find something to bitch about and make themselves feel relevant.

The only response they deserve is, "**** you."

Tech

Sounds like they were not concerned about the home businesses before the Chi-Com Flu because it had no impact. Shut down caused somebody to bring home that does. Told he couldn't, then he says X and Y does. So out goes the letters.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you can, never buy in HOA. Why give more a-holes power over property that you pay for?

I had an HOA at the house in Frederick and they were insufferable. When I bought my house in Great Mills my first stipulation was NO HOA. Fortunately my agent @Christy agreed and didn't even pull crap that was in one of those 'hoods.

Louise

I had an HOA at the house in Frederick and they were insufferable. When I bought my house in Great Mills my first stipulation was NO HOA. Fortunately my agent @Christy agreed and didn't even pull crap that was in one of those 'hoods.

An HOA is comparable to the far left Dem party. You will do as I say. When we moved, we looked for a neighborhood that did not have an HOA.