Hoarders

MarieB

Anyone else find it interesting? The only one I couldn't stand to watch was the guy with the rats trying to pull his nose hair out for nests

RPMDAD

Sadly, no had a relative that was a hoarder and when they passed away was tasked with cleaning up the mess, so i don't watch that show for entertainment, and yes the relative had a real problem and would not listen to family.

MarieB

Sadly, no had a relative that was a hoarder and when they passed away was tasked with cleaning up the mess, so i don't watch that show for entertainment, and yes the relative had a real problem and would not listen to family.

I understand, and it is sad and maddening

It really isn't "entertainment" in that sense of the word but rather interesting

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My husband is watching it, the show makes me physically ill. I understand it's an illness, but I don't want to see it. I want to watch Brain Games on NatGeo.

MarieB

My husband is watching it, the show makes me physically ill. I understand it's an illness, but I don't want to see it. I want to watch Brain Games on NatGeo.

I am only "allowed" to watch it when my husband isn't around. He was in the kitchen cooking and now he's on the phone :biggrin:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I wouldn't be able to watch it - it would drive me c-r-a-z-y! :jameo:

musiclady

Whenever I feel my house is getting too cluttered, I watch an episode to remind myself I'm not there yet. After watching, I get motivated to clear out an area. But I can see all too clearly how many of these people get that way. I don't think I'd ever get to the point of the bathrooms and trash or kitchens that you see on the show, though. But I can see how heart wrenching it is for these people to have others shovel their stuff like it doesn't matter. Even though we would see it as trash, they remember what it symbolized and can't release it.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I can understand hoarding clothes and objects, but trash? Like legit Garbage, dirty dishes. Like why do you wanna live in empty take out boxes and dirty baby diapers? Is it lazyness? Or what? Why don't they just put it in the trash.

Oh and this one woman had like Guinea pigs and she let them poop and pee all over her bed. And she slept in it!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I can understand hoarding clothes and objects, but trash? Like legit Garbage, dirty dishes. Like why do you wanna live in empty take out boxes and dirty baby diapers? Is it lazyness? Or what? Why don't they just put it in the trash.

Oh and this one woman had like Guinea pigs and she let them poop and pee all over her bed. And she slept in it!

Extreme psychiatric issues. :yay:

MarieB

A mental disorder

The one lady who was on last night apparently kept a squeeky clean house, had been an avid cook, etc

Until her husband left her and the kids and took everything they owned