Hockey; The best team sport?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Football? Soccer? Baseball? Basketball?

It's not baseball. There are innings where no one does anything except the pitcher, the catcher and the three guys who strike out.

It's not soccer. There's no gear. There's lots of nothing and it gets decided by penalty kicks which which is like settling a poker hand by drawing straws which hockey does in the regular season, but not when it matters; the playoffs.

It's not basketball. A third of the team doesn't even matter.

Is is football? For pure action, most of a football game occurs with the teams standing around getting ready to do something.

Is it hockey? Every player plays except the back up goalie and they all matter. There is very, very little stop in the action. It has violence, beautiful play, effort does pay off, right away, it has penalties and power plays, they play best of seven in the playoffs, there is rough stuff and there is profound sportsmanship.

What's the best team sport and why?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Is is football? For pure action, most of a football game occurs with the teams standing around getting ready to do something.
I'll give you the first 3; I'm not a fan of baseball and basketball anyway.

But football... you have to respect a sport that, even being based on speed and agility, can still allow the biggest, most lumbering, stumbling player to pick up the ball and score. That is equality; that is teamwork; that is America! :lol:

(I would include the possibility that at any given time the kicker could make a wicked, game-saving tackle, but reality doesn't usually allow that to happen. :lol:)

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Football? Soccer? Baseball? Basketball?

It's not baseball. There are innings where no one does anything except the pitcher, the catcher and the three guys who strike out.

It's not soccer. There's no gear. There's lots of nothing and it gets decided by penalty kicks which which is like settling a poker hand by drawing straws which hockey does in the regular season, but not when it matters; the playoffs.

It's not basketball. A third of the team doesn't even matter.

Is it hockey? Every player plays except the back up goalie and they all matter. There is very, very little stop in the action. It has violence, beautiful play, effort does pay off, right away, it has penalties and power plays, they play best of seven in the playoffs, there is rough stuff and there is profound sportsmanship.

What's the best team sport and why?

CHEERLEADING. Every member of the team has a part.

OldHillcrestGuy

Hockey and soccer.

Oh No :faint: I agree with Beaver Boy.

Both sports non-stop back and forth. Let me see a basketball player, or football or baseball player run as much as and as long as a soccer player does during a game, and for the most part (proably 95%) a whole lot less money.