Hockey whining taken to a fine art...

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
such whining and kvetching!

Geez!

No. There is a much bigger, wealthier target responsible for the current malaise in Ballston: HBO.

Yep. Ross Greenburg, Mr. Big Cheese at HBO Sports, and his big-city cable operation show up with their high-fallutin' cameras and their Higher Power-voiced narrator.

So, in drumming up interest for the Winter Classic on New Year's Day at Heinz Field between the bitter Eastern Conference rivals, they film the obvious angle and the combatants play along:

Three-time, Angelic Stanley Cup Champions from Steel City, all of whom presumably sit on Santa's lap and ask for world peace (while trying to court his blonde helpers) vs. . . . an Endorsement-Driven, Flamboyant Russian. Missing a tooth. Missing the net. Missing everything.

Oh, and his full-figured, St. Nick coach, whose first intermission speeches feature more F-bombs than a Mel Gibson voicemail.

This "24/7" Caps-Pens propaganda is so one-sided, Fox News and MSNBC even would have turned it down. Back in the day, TASS would have told the Kremlin, "Nyet, the people will not believe it. "

Sheesh!! :rolleyes:

Source

LordStanley

I know nothing
Its one sided because the caps are on a loosing streak....

The next episode should show how the Pens ended thier winning streak against Philly and then got crushed by the Rangers..

Baz

This. ------------------>
Good article. :yay:

In regards to what Boudreau has accomplished as Caps coach, it may have been good. In regards to HBO's 24/7, and the reason for the Caps losing streak, and pretty much everything else he wrote, it was pure crap.

He actually blames HBO. Yes, that's right, HBO's the reason the Caps have been losing. Never mind that they didn't start filming until 2 games into the streak. But instead of questioning his favorite team, he defaults to the automatic conspiracy theory whining.

I've spoken to a few Caps fans who have seen the show, and not one of them blamed HBO for how the Caps were portrayed. The teams look the way they looked because that's how they were. That's how a team on a 12 game winning streak is going to look when contrasted to one on a 7 game losing streak.

Just because Mike Wise didn't like what he saw from his favorite team, well that just means it's all HBO's fault for making them look bad. It has nothing at all to do with the team itself. What a joke.

Another thing Wise is wrong about, the coach DOES shoulder a good portion of the blame for losing, as well as winning. HBO doesn't coach the team. The differences between Bylsma and Boudreau are night and day. Again, the streaks magnified this, but still.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday and seeing how the Penguins respond after losing the last couple, just to see the contrast. The series is excellent, and will only get better.

Baz

this whole thing has nothing to do with the Caps or Penguins...

Its Ovie vs Crosby.

Actually, I thought they did a good job of not turning it into The Crosby/Ovi show. Obviously, those 2 are the headliners, but after the initial introduction, they did a good job mixing lots of the other players in.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
In regards to what Boudreau has accomplished as Caps coach, it may have been good. In regards to HBO's 24/7, and the reason for the Caps losing streak, and pretty much everything else he wrote, it was pure crap.

He actually blames HBO. Yes, that's right, HBO's the reason the Caps have been losing. Never mind that they didn't start filming until 2 games into the streak. But instead of questioning his favorite team, he defaults to the automatic conspiracy theory whining.

I've spoken to a few Caps fans who have seen the show, and not one of them blamed HBO for how the Caps were portrayed. The teams look the way they looked because that's how they were. That's how a team on a 12 game winning streak is going to look when contrasted to one on a 7 game losing streak.

Just because Mike Wise didn't like what he saw from his favorite team, well that just means it's all HBO's fault for making them look bad. It has nothing at all to do with the team itself. What a joke.

Another thing Wise is wrong about, the coach DOES shoulder a good portion of the blame for losing, as well as winning. HBO doesn't coach the team. The differences between Bylsma and Boudreau are night and day. Again, the streaks magnified this, but still.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday and seeing how the Penguins respond after losing the last couple, just to see the contrast. The series is excellent, and will only get better.

This is your opinion. The article was Mike Wise's opinion. My liking it was my opinion. Clam down.

Baz

This is your opinion. The article was Mike Wise's opinion. My liking it was my opinion. Clam down.

:lol:

I'm quite calm. I just find the whole "HBO's to blame for the losing streak" angle to be a bit......out there.

I'm sure the Caps will win a few during the show, as the Pens have already lost a couple. The best will obviously be the 2 times they play each other.