Holiday Punch

HotPinkChicken

I'm finishing my Thanksgiving shopping this weekend and would really like to serve Punch. I made a batch last year that was enjoyed, but I lost the recipe. Can you guys please post your faves, or the link to your faves that I can go through. I'm looking to make a sparkling non-alcoholic one. Thanks!

Cowgirl

I haven't had/made punch in a while! My mom used to make it with sherbet (any flavor) and ginger ale. I guess she'd dump a carton of sherbet in the punch bowl and fill it up with ginger ale. You can put frozen fruit in it to keep it cold. I think one year we took a bundt pan and froze fruit in ginger ale. Then we put the ring of fruit in the punch instead of ice.

SShewbert

What love is all about
I haven't had/made punch in a while! My mom used to make it with sherbet (any flavor) and ginger ale. I guess she'd dump a carton of sherbet in the punch bowl and fill it up with ginger ale. You can put frozen fruit in it to keep it cold. I think one year we took a bundt pan and froze fruit in ginger ale. Then we put the ring of fruit in the punch instead of ice.

My mom makes it kinda like that. Only they sell something at McKays that you put in the bowl that has the fruit in it and then put ginger ale in it and sherbert.

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
Sounds good! From cooks.com

HOLIDAY PUNCH
1 quart cranberry juice
1 c. sugar
2 c. orange juice
1 c. pineapple juice
3/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 c. chilled ginger ale
1 pint rainbow sherbet

In a large drink container, blend cranberry juice, sugar, and other fruit juices. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

At serving time, stir in the rainbow sherbet and ginger ale.

Variation: If your crowd is over 21, you can stir in 1 c. vodka or gin for the cocktail hour. Add sugar to taste.

You can make ice cubes in advance out of any fruit juice thinned with water (3 parts fruit juice to one part water) which you have on hand.

Submitted by: CM