Hollywood elite College Cheating Scam

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, I'm not sure about that. The article above says she took the plea deal.

Now I don't remember. It seems like there was a deal offered to both perps and Felicity Huffman took the deal while Aunt Becky insisted she was innocent and vowed to fight. Something like that?

Chris0nllyn

Now I don't remember. It seems like there was a deal offered to both perps and Felicity Huffman took the deal while Aunt Becky insisted she was innocent and vowed to fight. Something like that?

Didn't Huffman get 10 years?

Sounds like Loughlin made the right choice. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wonder if this changes anything. Are bribes still happening and just kept more secret?

Most likely, don't you think? People always think they're slicker than the guy who got busted, and they'll get away with it. Politicians get busted and very occasionally go to jail, but that doesn't stop other politicians from accepting bribes. Druggies get busted all the time, but that doesn't stop anyone from selling/using drugs.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Last night we watched Operation Varsity Blues. It gets into the nuts & bolts of how 1 person was able to manipulate others into facilitating admission into elite universities.

Before watching this, I understood at a macro level what took place. This movie provides the details. Most of the dialog is taken from wiretaps and wired informants. So what you hear is what was actually said by each person.

1 thing that was funny is when the ringleader agreed to cooperate, he calls all the involved parties and gets them to say on tape just what they did. The Stanford rowing coach comes out of this as a well intended boob. He didn't personally gain anything of value. He did get parents to donate $700,000 which appeared as fundraising money. It was described as the first time that a victim had actually made money when being taken advantage of.

I enjoy a film that takes me behind the scene and see just how they pulled it off. And they do it in an entertaining hour and a half.

1 thing this proves is that a lot of these foundations (Clinton Initiative, BLM, National Action Network et al.) are fronts for money laundering operations.