Hollywood elite College Cheating Scam

PeoplesElbow

From what I've gathered, their children don't actually attend the classes or do the work.
The father of a Princeton student told me that his son received an A in a class, his son was always the top score in the class, usually ranging in the 80%s, everyone that is registered got atleast a B no matter how they did. He also told me the instant his son got accepted they started pumping him for money, Princeton Parent Safaris etc.

Schools like that admit based on what is the possible future donation level from this student first, merit second.

TCROW

Let’s not forget this is how J-Kush got into Harvard. He was too much of an underachiever to get admitted on his own merit.

frequentflier

happy to be living

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Let’s not forget this is how J-Kush got into Harvard. He was too much of an underachiever to get admitted on his own merit.
No, it isn't how Kushner got in. His father made a LEGAL donation to the school. There is no evidence that there was any cheating, fake test scores, or the such with Kushner. Anyone that hasn't known that you can buy your way into a prestigious school must live in Bedrock.

Last edited:

This_person

No, it isn't how Kushner got in. His father made a LEGAL donation to the school. There is no evidence that there was any cheating, fake test scores, or the such with Kushner. Anyone that hasn't know that you can buy your way into a prestigious school must live in Bedrock.
I was trying to slowly get him to admit the difference - you took the whole fun out of it! :lol:

Midnightrider

No, it isn't how Kushner got in. His father made a LEGAL donation to the school. There is no evidence that there was any cheating, fake test scores, or the such with Kushner. Anyone that hasn't know that you can buy your way into a prestigious school must live in Bedrock.
This right, his daddy didn’t pay a middle man to get his kid into a college he wouldn’t have otherwise been admitted to. Jared’s daddy paid the school directly. I don’t see the real difference. In both cases money displaces a deserving student.

Ken King

PREMO Member
This right, his daddy didn’t pay a middle man to get his kid into a college he wouldn’t have otherwise been admitted to. Jared’s daddy paid the school directly. I don’t see the real difference. In both cases money displaces a deserving student.
You don't see a difference of cheating on SAT/ACT tests, faking sports participation, and bribing coaches versus outright buying the slot by making a donation. In one of these instances the schools had specific knowledge of what was happening.

While I agree it sucks for a deserving student in both instances, one is legal and the other is illegal.

PeoplesElbow

While I don't think either method should be tolerated the "wink wink, we have to let him in, his dad paid for a new library" isn't as bad as having someone else take an admissions test and pay a coach to say there is athletic interest in the student.

In any case I believe that you can get a better education at a land grant state university. I am sick of all our political leaders coming from Harvard and Yale, gimme someone from U of Michigan, U of Texas, Ohio State, Florida State....

Midnightrider

You don't see a difference of cheating on SAT/ACT tests, faking sports participation, and bribing coaches versus outright buying the slot by making a donation. In one of these instances the schools had specific knowledge of what was happening.

While I agree it sucks for a deserving student in both instances, one is legal and the other is illegal.
The only difference is in who is getting paid. Both should be illegal unless colleges want to have a criteria for buying your way in. If connected people with insane money can buy their undeserving little bastards into the Ivy League, a not so well connected, not as filthy rich person should be able to do the same. That fact that bribing a school official with gifts and donations is ok, but bribing an athletics coordinator is wrong is just dumb.

GregV814

so, how many senators have their re-election funds enhanced just before appointments to the Military Academies?????

Ken King

PREMO Member
The only difference is in who is getting paid. Both should be illegal unless colleges want to have a criteria for buying your way in. If connected people with insane money can buy their undeserving little bastards into the Ivy League, a not so well connected, not as filthy rich person should be able to do the same. That fact that bribing a school official with gifts and donations is ok, but bribing an athletics coordinator is wrong is just dumb.
You seem to conveniently leave out the test cheating, score doctoring and fake athletic connections in your comparison. If the school, as an institution, is willing to accept gifts for slots that is their doing, thus legal. Just as making available slots to legacy applicants is their doing and also legal. An illegal coordinated cheating, lying, bribing scheme is completely and totally different and illegal. But I guess you can't or choose not to see it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You seem to conveniently leave out the test cheating, score doctoring and fake athletic connections in your comparison. If the school, as an institution, is willing to accept gifts for slots that is their doing, thus legal. Just as making available slots to legacy applicants is their doing and also legal. An illegal coordinated cheating, lying, bribing scheme is completely and totally different and illegal. But I guess you can't or choose not to see it.

His folks bought his admission into college. At the time it was fairly hard to know if a school was NAMBLA friendly or not.

Midnightrider

I’m not leaving out anything. Both are wrong and require someone to trade a spot at the school for a gift. The only difference is that one is technically legal.
Either buying a spot for your kid at a college despite them not having earned it is wrong or it isn’t. It’s shouldnt matter tat you have enough money to make everyone look the other way.

TCROW

I’m not leaving out anything. Both are wrong and require someone to trade a spot at the school for a gift. The only difference is that one is technically legal.
Either buying a spot for your kid at a college despite them not having earned it is wrong or it isn’t. It’s shouldnt matter tat you have enough money to make everyone look the other way.

Legal vs. illegal doesn’t really matter. Ethics do matter, and both are unethical. One is also illegal which means the government can insert itself into the matter. As far as ethics, they are both equally worthy of the court of public opinion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, help me here. This story is all over the news and it's reported that Aunt Becky had a million dollar bail (!!!!). For cheating on college entrance stuff. You can freaking kill someone and get a lower bail than that.

Then there's this Paul Manafort crap. Why are people with non-violent crimes getting these crazy sentences? Hell, a violent criminal would bounce in and out of prison 3 or 4 times during Manafort's sentence for bank and tax fraud.