Hollywood elite College Cheating Scam

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
right because YOUR MISGUIDED BULLSH IT ASSUMPTIONS about the MY responsibilities have ANY Baring on reality

I only saw MR's snark because you quoted it wrong, but you might ask him how helping an aging parent isn't an "adult responsibility".

And let me know if he answers with anything lucid.

His retarded presumptions is only one of the reasons I made him disappear.

SamSpade

Not that it makes a difference but the accommodations these students were given would have been related to entrance exams like the SAT. Things the students would have taken while they were in high school.

AND we are also finding out they cheated on these, also. In one case, a girl had someone feed the answers from someone SITTING NEXT TO HER.
Others had people take the exams for them.

Cheating by wealthy elites has been going on for decades. Ted Kennedy was eventually expelled from Harvard for cheating but only after he was CAUGHT - later we would find he'd done it before.

I just hope they're serious about this. It infuriates me that good eligible students were overlooked for underqualified rich brats who admit they just want to play and party and aren't interested in classes.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
only saw MR's snark because you quoted it wrong, but you might ask him how helping an aging parent isn't an "adult responsibility".

And let me know if he answers with anything lucid.

His retarded presumptions is only one of the reasons I made him disappear.

Yeah and I am getting sucked in by his stupid ......
I get the impression his is the type to stick his parents in an old folks home ... who does not know how to make a sacrific for someone else.

Midnightrider

AND we are also finding out they cheated on these, also. In one case, a girl had someone feed the answers from someone SITTING NEXT TO HER.
Others had people take the exams for them.

Cheating by wealthy elites has been going on for decades. Ted Kennedy was eventually expelled from Harvard for cheating but only after he was CAUGHT - later we would find he'd done it before.

I just hope they're serious about this. It infuriates me that good eligible students were overlooked for underqualified rich brats who admit they just want to play and party and aren't interested in classes.
Yep and cheating your way in should be wrong whether you do it yourself in the SAT or if your parents pay the dean off and he does it by a wave of his hand.

Midnightrider

I get the impression his is the type to stick his parents in an old folks home ... who does not know how to make a sacrific for someone else.
Revising history must be fun. When did it go from her helping you out to you helping her?

And it is sucking you down. Seriously, consider using the ignore button. It will leave you open to just reading/responding in real discussions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Go to 5:30

Ding! The light goes on!

The girl in this video is Olivia Jade - Lori Loughlin's daughter.

:doh:

So her ma paid beaucoup and may do some jail time...to send her to a school she doesn't care about.... I don't know what to say about that.

Clem72

We already saw it when Elizabeth Warren said she had no sympathy for the cheaters...when she falsified her college application to gain favoritism.
Theres a difference. She doesn't believe she falsified anything, because she "feels" like a native american. And isn't that what really counts?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Theres a difference. She doesn't believe she falsified anything, because she "feels" like a native american. And isn't that what really counts?

Well maybe Aunt Becky's daughter feels like the captain of the crew team and an advanced scholar. 🤷

BernieP

Resident PIA
Whatever happened to getting admitted to top-tier schools the old fashioned way: heritage admissions and a nice stream of tax-deductible donations?
The Van Wilder method, eh?

Really think this is a real public relations coupe for the FBI. Nailing the notorious rich and famous for "gifting" schools to admit their spoiled spawn.
I feel safer tonight knowing Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin are pff tje streets.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think at a minimum, the schools should go back thru the records and find out what honest, deserving, hard working applicant got bumped for one of these privileged kids, and offer them admission with a scholarship from the money improperly earned.
You must write comedy material because that was real funny, scholarship some middle class kid?
Chit, they can take out none government student loans - the kind the lender doesn't forgive and has a higher interest rate than the poor people loans the governement won't try to get paid back.

To answer some other "questions" I saw raised, apparently the school doesn't do much checking if a coach says he wants a kid in his program.
While the athletic programs that were used aren't money makers for the univeristy, and as such don't offer a lot of scholarship money,, their performance does enhance the schools overall appeal. When sports teams win, even in the smaller sports, it attracts more applicants and recognition for the school.

I don't recall if anything was said about attending class and doing homework, but none of them apparently played for the team they were being recruited for (no tennis matches, no rowing )

It was pretty much a known way to scam your way in. They paid money to attend and get guidance from that dude.