Holy cow! TRESemme keratin hair products

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My hair looks 20 years younger, no lie. It looks like when my favorite stylist gives me a blowout. And it only took me about 5 minutes to accomplish it.

I let my gray grow out and I like it, but it's dry and coarse textured, mixed in with my normal hair that is thick and healthy. Add the humidity of SPI, mix in some saltwater spray, and it becomes a frizzy wreck. I didn't even bother to blow it dry anymore because that REALLY makes it crazy.

So I went online to get some recommendations to make old lady hair look good again and, after I waded through the scams and sales pitches for outrageously priced treatments, I ended up with TRESemme keratin line. It's like $5 per product, so what the hell.

Went to Walmart and got the shampoo, conditioner, spray and serum - under $20 for the whole shebang. Washed my hair, then sprayed the heat defense and combed through, then did the serum on the ends. Blew it dry, smoothing with my paddle brush.....and here I am, looking fab. It's shiny, smooth, and my gray looks like highlights instead of Brillo. I didn't even have to use the straightener, it was strictly blow dry.

When I find something that does what I want it to, I like to share. So here ya go!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Had I seen this sooner, I would have picked up some when I was at Ulta earlier today.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Yeah, I'm not going to post pics because Otter always photoshops them for his amusement. :mad:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I had an event tonight and it's a humid misty evening, but the hair is still straight and silky. I can't believe it took me this long to find something cheap that works.
I don't have super thick hair, it's really fine. I should get some to see how it might work on mine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't have super thick hair, it's really fine. I should get some to see how it might work on mine.

It might be too heavy for your hair. Hang tight and when you get here I'll hook you up so you can try before you buy.

wittykitty

My hair is fine and thin. I use Tresseme clarifying (?- I’m too lazy to go look) shampoo on a daily basis, and it’s one of my two favorites. The other is Aussie with avocado.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I saw this at BJ's yesterday so I'm going to give it a shot. If it doesn't work, I'm only out about $11. :lol:

Auntie Biache'

I had said yesterday that I had just bought "It's a 10" products. I mean, I had just bought them when I ran out at lunch time. I used them this morning. Either I'm doing something wrong, or this product sucks. I wish I'd had time to jump back in the shower and wash my hair. As it is, I have to wait until I get home tonight. It feels like I have freakin' glue in my hair.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had said yesterday that I had just bought "It's a 10" products. I mean, I had just bought them when I ran out at lunch time. I used them this morning. Either I'm doing something wrong, or this product sucks. I wish I'd had time to jump back in the shower and wash my hair. As it is, I have to wait until I get home tonight. It feels like I have freakin' glue in my hair.

I had a sample of the 10 leave-in stuff and I liked it okay. Not enough to spend $25 on it, though. I'm over expensive cosmetics and skin/hair care. I used to love blowing $25 on mascara just for the luxury of it, but this Maybelline tube I buy now is just as good and only $5. The ELF face putty for $8 is every bit as good as the Benefit product at $30.