Holy Electric Bill Batman!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I just got mine and it's pretty close to $200. :yikes:

Before the rate increase, the largest one I had was about $135. Ouch. :bawl:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
A lady I work with got a 358.00 bill for her 2 bdrm trailer that she states never gets cooler than 80. The Lady I work for at 2nd job got a 1600.00 bill. Now that's gotta hurt.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
That sounds pretty cheap to me. I'm not sure what ours is now but YEARS ago, with the pool and a/c, it was over $200 a month. Otter??

Christy

b*tch rocket
You don't even want to know ours. :yikes: It was ugly. :bawl: Pool, Hot tub, a gazillion showers every day, laundry every day. I need to go granola and build myself a windmill. :ohwell:

Pete

Repete
jazz lady said:

Overworking a plug in appliance?

RodRugg

I'm not sure how much our electric bill was, but when my grandma saw it she went NUTS! She got real suspicious that we had a computer in the basement and she said if she found one she was gonna destroy it completely. My dad said it was an electric dog that shot fire out of its eyes, and my grandma got quiet after that. The only thing she hates more than computers is dogs and Christmas and anything that shoots fire out of its eyes. Anyways, my dad said we have to stop using the computer so much until my grandma settles down.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
jazz lady said:

You need me to move in. I am the electricity Nazi. I run around the house shutting everything off that we're not using. Our bills in the spring/summer are around $120 and when the heat is running around $200. I do laundry twice a week and run the dishwasher daily. I'm very conservative about tvs, lights and such.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Christy said:
You don't even want to know ours. :yikes: It was ugly. :bawl: Pool, Hot tub, a gazillion showers every day, laundry every day. I need to go granola and build myself a windmill. :ohwell:

Can I come live at your house? I'll be in the hot tub, then pool, then hot tub, then pool, then hot tub. I'll bring my laundry.

Mikeinsmd

I'm on the even monthly plan and was $110.00/mth. It jumped to $240.00/mth. I looked at the actual usage last mth. and it was $60.00. I think SMECO billing dept. is on drugs.

Vince

$95 a month year round plan. 4 bedroom house with 2 central air units. Energy efficient. And Pellet stove for heat with the heat pump as a backup. I anticipate a hike just because fuel cost is going up.

Nanny Pam

:yikes: mine went up too, but it was that damn quarterly water bill, which is usually around 80.00 It went to 171.00!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:
You need me to move in. I am the electricity Nazi. I run around the house shutting everything off that we're not using. Our bills in the spring/summer are around $120 and when the heat is running around $200. I do laundry twice a week and run the dishwasher daily. I'm very conservative about tvs, lights and such.
Thanks for the offer, but I think we'd kill each other within a day. :lol: I'm actually quite energy conservative. Most lights are fluorescent. I don't leave lights on when I'm not using them. I run the dishwasher only when its full, which is about every 3 days or so. The thermostat stays around 77/78 during the day, but I do cool it down at night so I can sleep.

The main culprit is the damn crappy A/C system that was installed by the subpar subcontractor the builder used. It is NOT big enough nor designed right to cool the house. Normally, my electric bill runs about $60 in the winter so that tells you how much it costs to run the central air. :burning: