Holy poop! Somethings going on!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

On overnight trading, Gold (AU) is up over $295 an to $1687 ounce! Mind now, this is not the value of gold going up, but the value of the dollar going down. aka inflation. The expansion of the money supply. Aka QE4. Aka, the Feds buying Treasury bonds form big financial houses right after they've bought the Treasury Bonds. Aka, monetizing the debt. Aka as ... we're going to be in some deep doo doo pretty soon. A harbinger of things to come.

Edit* Chart was wrong its up $42 an ounce.

Spitfire

If I may ...

On overnight trading, Gold (AU) is up over $295 an to $1687 ounce! Mind now, this is not the value of gold going up, but the value of the dollar going down. aka inflation. The expansion of the money supply. Aka QE4. Aka, the Feds buying Treasury bonds form big financial houses right after they've bought the Treasury Bonds. Aka, monetizing the debt. Aka as ... we're going to be in some deep doo doo pretty soon. A harbinger of things to come.

Edit* Chart was wrong its up $42 an ounce.

Greetings:

And equity futures are down across the board as well. Treasury prices surging (yields down). US economic activity is stalling.

Absolute dollars don't mean much. Gold is up around 2.5%. It is the highest in around 7 years.

The apparent panic is coronavirus. It continues to spread and to nations without great healthcare infrastructure.

This too shall pass. Don't panic.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
(a) The apparent panic is coronavirus. It continues to spread and to nations without great healthcare infrastructure.

(b) This too shall pass. Don't panic.
(a) Agree.

(b) Agree, here, as well. But I do have concerns as to how long it will take for "this too" to pass.

--- End of line (MCP)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Greetings:

And equity futures are down across the board as well. Treasury prices surging (yields down). US economic activity is stalling.

Absolute dollars don't mean much. Gold is up around 2.5%. It is the highest in around 7 years.

The apparent panic is coronavirus. It continues to spread and to nations without great healthcare infrastructure.

This too shall pass. Don't panic.
Though this possibly adds some-thing to the markets, I'm thinking it much more related to the expansion of the money supply, aka, monetary inflation.

In 1967, gold was $35 an ounce. On August 15, 1971, Nixon closed the gold window, (which was based on the 1944 Bretton Woods System Agreement), where trading Nations could convert their US dollar holdings to US gold at the trading rate of $35 an ounce. Even though the gold spot price was trading, in 1971, at $44.60. So from 1967, gold's price has increased from $35, and 1971's $35 US trade price, to today's price of $1648. An increase of 4608.57%. Which averages out to be about 87% in annual increases over those 53 years from 1967. Or 94% annual increases from 1971. Just another way of saying that the value of the US dollar, and it's purchasing power, has declined 4608.57% over those years. Of course, the price of gold, and silver, would be astronomically, and parabolically, higher, if, those markets were not being manipulated.