Holy Stimulus Card!

WingsOfGold

I damn near cut up a debit card with both me and wife's name on it.... claimed to be from the treasury with some bank I never heard of. Upon further review and reading we deduced this may be the stimulus... so we called and registered. $2400.00 1,000 a day max not so free free money.
Anybody else out there get the kids and grandkids debt to pay off today?

This is nice but it isn't going to make or break us and it isn't right someone down the road has to pay this back. :rolleyes: I'll piss it away on either more guns or maybe a canoe.

UglyBear

Yeah, that was very confusing -- we expected Trump Bucks in the check form.
The card that came looks very fake -- I have never heard of this bank either. I'm still paranoid and will wait to register.

If you registered, and don't find yourself making large purchases in some exotic locales after a week or so, please let me know.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

Yeah, that was very confusing -- we expected Trump Bucks in the check form.
The card that came looks very fake -- I have never heard of this bank either. I'm still paranoid and will wait to register.

If you registered, and don't find yourself making large purchases in some exotic locales after a week or so, please let me know.
Guess what? It's LEGIT!!!

The cards are going out to certain eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns but for whom the IRS doesn't have bank account information. The stimulus payment is loaded on the debit card. Your EIP card will arrive in a plain envelope from “Money Network Cardholder Services.”18 hours ago

Please deposit 100 dollars in my account.

WingsOfGold

Yeah, could they have tried to find a more shady name for a freakin' Dep of Treasury sub-contractor? Another Biden's son venture?
The ONLY reason I didn't tear it up was the card itself seemed legit as far as it's as thick as a regular CC not the bogus paper thin kind of scams or temp bullshit.

I read an article earlier in the week reporting there were a lot of folks throwing theirs away thinking I was just another telemarketer scheme.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I didn't get mine until 4/30 - but that was because LAST year (2018's tax return) I didn't get a refund, I owed money and paid via debit card. THIS year's tax return (2019) wasn't filed until mid April, so they didn't have my info. Still, 2 weeks wasn't bad. :sshrug:

Much better than Maryland's unemployment insurance payments! :jet:

Hijinx

I damn near cut up a debit card with both me and wife's name on it.... claimed to be from the treasury with some bank I never heard of. Upon further review and reading we deduced this may be the stimulus... so we called and registered. $2400.00 1,000 a day max not so free free money.
Anybody else out there get the kids and grandkids debt to pay off today?

This is nice but it isn't going to make or break us and it isn't right someone down the road has to pay this back. :rolleyes: I'll piss it away on either more guns or maybe a canoe.

Well at least you got yours. Haven't seen hide nor hair of mine.
I looked it up on the IRS site a couple of weeks ago and they said the check would be written May22nd..
Musgt be lost in the mail
I tried to look it up again today and they said they didn't have that information.
Government.

Damn I liked the old days when you could make a call and speak to a human being.

Last edited:

WingsOfGold

I looked it up on the IRS site a couple of weeks ago and they said the check would be written May22nd..
I tried to look it up again today and they said they didn't have that information.
Government.

Damn I liked the old days when you could make a call and speak to a human being.
Oh, that must be the other check I got. 👼

BOP

Government.

Exactly the same...22 May.

herb749

I didn't get mine until 4/30 - but that was because LAST year (2018's tax return) I didn't get a refund, I owed money and paid via debit card. THIS year's tax return (2019) wasn't filed until mid April, so they didn't have my info. Still, 2 weeks wasn't bad. :sshrug:

Much better than Maryland's unemployment insurance payments! :jet:

MD UI is also a debit card.

herb749

There was an IRS site where you could give them your direct deposit info. I found out about from someone who did it. You could keep checking where is my stimulus money. I did for over a week until the message said, we need your routing & account #. Took another 10 days to get it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So, where is my stimulis money? He you rotten bastges in congress, send me some cash or I;ll start a riot with all the people that didn't get $2400 checks and sack the Capital like the British in 1812

Hijinx

So, where is my stimulis money? He you rotten bastges in congress, send me some cash or I;ll start a riot with all the people that didn't get $2400 checks and sack the Capital like the British in 1812

If I go to sack the Capitol I am taking tar and feathers with me.
A lot of each, It's a long list that needs the benefit of a good tar and feathering.