Home Central Vacuum Sevice

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Does anybody know of a local company that services home central vacuums?
Nobody has a central vacuum?
I took apart the old unit (Braun) and the motor was arcing and sparking.
I just purchased the Duovac Air 10 online.
Hopefully the install goes well
We shall see how it works out, for the Wife.🆒

Chris0nllyn

I used to install them but got out of that line of work over a decade ago.

You should be okay with the replacement assuming the motor size didn't increase by much and the pipe size matches.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I need a new dust filter for my Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro model 60 - can you help me with that?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I used to install them but got out of that line of work over a decade ago.

You should be okay with the replacement assuming the motor size didn't increase by much and the pipe size matches.
Thanks.
I just don't want to re-plum the intake and exhaust lines.
I took apart the old unit and the motor was shot.
Turned it on an had a lot of arching and sparking.

acommondisaster

Ours was brushes and bearings when it was arcing and sparking. I forget what online company we ordered the parts from - we've used centralvac . com and thinkvacuums for parts, bags and filters in the past. Centralvac has answered questions for me via the phone.

petethecat

I think St Mary's Lighting (in Lexington Park) sells central vac parts. They don't service them though, but maybe if you call them they will be able to recommend someone.

officeguy

I am looking for someone to re-plumb an existing system. We had to cut some lines during a remodel and I dont have the energy to put it back together myself. This was installed by an outfit in Waldorf, but they dont seem to exist anymore.

acommondisaster

Central vacuum systems are awesome. I swore I'd never have another house without one, once I had one. But with everyone moving away from having carpet, I imagine it's a tough business to be in. I wonder if a plumber would do the job for you?

1stGenSMIB

Nobody has a central vacuum?
I took apart the old unit (Braun) and the motor was arcing and sparking.
I just purchased the Duovac Air 10 online.
Hopefully the install goes well
We shall see how it works out, for the Wife.🆒
The house I just bought last fall came with one, but I have not even tried it yet. I've noticed some breaks in the hose I'd probably need to repair first. I'd really rather just sell it and get rid of the hoses everywhere.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
The house I just bought last fall came with one, but I have not even tried it yet. I've noticed some breaks in the hose I'd probably need to repair first. I'd really rather just sell it and get rid of the hoses everywhere.
You need to try it. We like ours because it does not have exhaust dust like a regular vacuum that you cart along.
We have all wood and ceramic tile floors in the house and the soft brush vacuum attachment does an awesome job.
We have/had lots of pets (dogs& cats) and the floors remain clean, but still needs follow up with a soft mop (swiffer?).

officeguy

I dont anticipate lugging the hose all through the house just to vacuum. The feature I want to get working again is the little kick-board door in the kitchen where you use a broom to colect some spilled rice and like magic it disappears without you having to stoop down.

I just push the 'on' button on the Roomba and walk away. He even parks himself back in the charge dock when the battery runs low. Does a surprisingly good job.

1stGenSMIB

I bought my wife a stick vac for Christmas, which is very easy to carry up and down the spiral staircase (this house has several 'interesting' features.) We have a Dyson upright we brought from the old house, which we use for "big cleaning" days, but it just about lives upstairs in the main living area now. But maybe I'll spend an hour re-clamping the old hoses and get the system sealed up and give her a run..at least when I sell it I can know that it works! :yay: