Home for the Holiday's

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
I can attest that this is one incrediably awesome recipe. :yum: I've prepared it three times, with each to rave reviews. Thanks for sharing, RR. :yay:

You are most welcome! :huggy:

My little secret... since it makes so much sauce, I freeze the remainder. I now have some in the crockpot with a roast. :drool:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
mainman said:
Franks and beans:

1 large can pork and beans
6 to 8 hot dogs or franks
Combine hotdogs and beans, heat thoroughly.

that seems like a more difficult recipe than my microwave corn dogs. althoiugh the criss cros mustard stripe takes a little coordination :buddies:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
Elegant Pumpkin-Walnut Layered Pie

:yum: I actually have all the ingredients to make this except for the premade pie crusts, but I do make a mean one from scratch. I think I may have to do a little baking tonight. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
:yum: I actually have all the ingredients to make this except for the premade pie crusts, but I do make a mean one from scratch. I think I may have to do a little baking tonight. :yay:

Save me a piece. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Dougstermd said:
:yeahthat:

you do not even have to bake my piece:killingme:

Somehow, I knew you pick up on that line, perv. :smack:

No pie tins. :mad: I'm not driving all the way to Target to get some either. I wonder if the local FL has them. :confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Somehow, I knew you pick up on that line, perv. :smack:

No pie tins. :mad: I'm not driving all the way to Target to get some either. I wonder if the local FL has them. :confused:

Yes, they should have them. Now get going!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A favorite holiday recipe...

Cranberry Banana Nut Bread

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup orange juice
1 egg, beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 1/2 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp grated orange peel
2/3 cup mashed bananas

Mix all ingredients and place mixture in a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
Yes, they should have them. Now get going!

I wish I'd known earlier when I was out and about. I so don't want to go back out in that crap. *sigh*

Okay, I'll brave it for the sake of you "getting a piece." :lmao: :whistle: Plus I need milk and a couple of other things. :ohwell:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
I wish I'd known earlier when I was out and about. I so don't want to go back out in that crap. *sigh*

Okay, I'll brave it for the sake of you "getting a piece." :lmao: :whistle: Plus I need milk and a couple of other things. :ohwell:

:lol: You is da bestest! :huggy:

CMC122

Go Braves!
jazz lady said:
I have a glass one you can borrow.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
CMC122 said:
I have a glass one you can borrow.

I wish I had seen this earlier. I picked up a nonstick metal pie pan from FL against my better judgment and the crust shrank too much when I prebaked it. :banghead: I was able to salvage it enough to put the filling in and the pie is baking in the oven now. Goodness, it smells good. :yum:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
I wish I had seen this earlier. I picked up a nonstick metal pie pan from FL against my better judgment and the crust shrank too much when I prebaked it. :banghead: I was able to salvage it enough to put the filling in and the pie is baking in the oven now. Goodness, it smells good. :yum:

Aww... :huggy:

It'll taste better than it smells if that makes ya feel any better. :flowers:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PRIME RIB WITH CABERNET JUS

2 750-ml bottles Cabernet Sauvignon
4 cups beef stock or canned broth
2 cups ruby Port
3 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 large shallot, peeled, halved
2 bay leaves
3 teaspoons dried thyme
1 6-pound boneless prime rib beef roast
4 large garlic cloves, pressed
Fresh parsley sprigs

Combine first 6 ingredients and 1 teaspoon thyme in large nonaluminum saucepan. Boil until reduced to 2 cups, about 1 hour. (Cabernet mixture can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cool, cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place beef, fat side up, in heavy 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Rub beef all over with pressed garlic and remaining 2 teaspoons thyme. Season beef generously with salt and pepper. Roast 1 hour. Tent beef with foil. Continue roasting until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 118°F for rare, about 35 minutes. Transfer to platter and let stand 20 minutes.
Pour off all fat from roasting pan. Place pan over medium-high heat. Add Cabernet mixture to pan and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour jus into sauceboat. Garnish platter with parsley, if desired. Carve beef and serve, passing jus separately.

@Bann

See bold part if you want to skip the cabernet jus (which is fabulous!!)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
2 bottles of the Cabernet AND 2 cups of Ruby Port? :otter:

I'm already in for $56 for the 5.5.lb rib roast! (smallest Nick's can sell is the size I got) :lmao:

I'm completely changing the dinner routine program this year (as I have for all the holidays this year - new beginnings, etc) and this will be my very first Rib Roast. I don't need fancy schmancy - just delicious.

So, how expensive is that Cab and the port wine. ?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
OH! and I'm also doing some green beans (in simple way, as I feel the beef is the star here and we don't need super complicated) and some roasted tri-color potatoes and sweet potatoes.