Honest Reliable Plumber

OldHillcrestGuy

Any suggestions for Northern St. Mary's or Charles County. I have a drip that's appeared probably from the tub area upstairs, but the drip has caused the ceiling in the bathroom downstairs to partially collapse. Its only those little tiles that are about 12x12 in size and looks like all the tiles will have to come down now once the leak is repaired. Its tight quarters to repair and very hard to see from downstairs. It maybe the pipe to the shower head or the one for the tub.
Couple of years back, maybe 3, we had Bath Fitters come in and redo that tub. If its the pipe up to the shower head that's leaking, its going to be hard to get to with the new Bath Fitter insert and then the tile wall that's behind it.
I don't think its because of the cold over the weekend, had pellet stove blazing away about 6 feet away in the other room. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions for Northern St. Mary's or Charles County. I have a drip that's appeared probably from the tub area upstairs, but the drip has caused the ceiling in the bathroom downstairs to partially collapse. Its only those little tiles that are about 12x12 in size and looks like all the tiles will have to come down now once the leak is repaired. Its tight quarters to repair and very hard to see from downstairs. It maybe the pipe to the shower head or the one for the tub.
Couple of years back, maybe 3, we had Bath Fitters come in and redo that tub. If its the pipe up to the shower head that's leaking, its going to be hard to get to with the new Bath Fitter insert and then the tile wall that's behind it.
I don't think its because of the cold over the weekend, had pellet stove blazing away about 6 feet away in the other room. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

One thing you can check, seal around the shower valve decorative cover was allowing water behind the cover. That water got behind the shower and was dripping in our basement. Took off the cover, added silicone sealant and re-installed. Been good for 13+ years now.

Connellsville

I used May's Plumbing for a drip at my kitchen faucet and installation of a faucet in my bathroom. Both the repair (a washer on the faucet) and installation of an identical faucet in the bathroom (I supplied the faucet) were unsatisfactory. In addition, the repairman dragged out the work by taking almost 30 minutes to remove the door from the bathroom vanity. I was charged $240. I then purchased a new identical kitchen faucet and had a gentleman by the name of George Nelson install the faucet for $100. I was very pleased with his work

OldHillcrestGuy

I used May's Plumbing for a drip at my kitchen faucet and installation of a faucet in my bathroom. Both the repair (a washer on the faucet) and installation of an identical faucet in the bathroom (I supplied the faucet) were unsatisfactory. In addition, the repairman dragged out the work by taking almost 30 minutes to remove the door from the bathroom vanity. I was charged $240. I then purchased a new identical kitchen faucet and had a gentleman by the name of George Nelson install the faucet for $100. I was very pleased with his work

I had May do a plumbing job for me, its been a few years, one problem was a leak with the dishwasher and the other thing I cant remember. Not really big jobs, I felt like you that the guy dragged it out. Our bill was pretty big so I wont be calling them again. The Nelson gentleman, is that Nelson Plumbing in Hughesville.?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

First mistake was using bathfitters..

OldHillcrestGuy

First mistake was using bathfitters..

We had Bath Fitters come 4 years ago this spring, couldn't be happier so far. Had my leak fixed today by a referral from my brother of a classmate from 40 years ago. Turns out the leak was coming from 7-8 feet from where it eventually dripped. Turns out it was the connection from the ice maker underneath the kitchen sink and got onto some old linoleum flooring under the kitchen cabinets and headed toward a low spot on some plywood then started dripping off a pipe that went through the plywood, which made it look like the pipe was leaking.

tes218

We had Bath Fitters come 4 years ago this spring, couldn't be happier so far. Had my leak fixed today by a referral from my brother of a classmate from 40 years ago. Turns out the leak was coming from 7-8 feet from where it eventually dripped. Turns out it was the connection from the ice maker underneath the kitchen sink and got onto some old linoleum flooring under the kitchen cabinets and headed toward a low spot on some plywood then started dripping off a pipe that went through the plywood, which made it look like the pipe was leaking.

Hi,

I have a leak under my kitchen cabinet now. Is the guy you used just a friend of your brother's or does he have a company?