Hope someone can help

rdkarob

I have had a constant dull headache on the right lower side of my head. It has been going on for about 2 weeks, I was thinking stress but now I am scared ... little paranoid, friend died of brain tumor and another anyresm. It is just very dull with little or no relief, more annoying than anything.

I guess I should go see a doctor but just wondering if any of you have had this.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I live with this! :diva: Really. Ever been in an accident where you got whiplash? Mine is nothing other than spastic muscles. Muscle relaxers are a Godsend!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
rdkarob said:
I have had a constant dull headache on the right lower side of my head. It has been going on for about 2 weeks, I was thinking stress but now I am scared ... little paranoid, friend died of brain tumor and another anyresm. It is just very dull with little or no relief, more annoying than anything.

I guess I should go see a doctor but just wondering if any of you have had this.
Do you stare at a computer screen all day? I switch between two screens - one is my laptop and the other is a 19'' monitor. I'm constantly getting headaches.

rdkarob

Chasey_Lane said:
Do you stare at a computer screen all day? I switch between two screens - one is my laptop and the other is a 19'' monitor. I'm constantly getting headaches.

Yes but I have been doing that for 10 years, and this has now just started. I will have to make an appointment with the doctor, I just hate to give him my 20 bucks to refer me to someone else to give them 20 bucks to then have MRI or whatever done....irks me bad!

SeptemberLady

Brown-Eyed Girl
I have alot of sinus related headaches. It could be weather or stress, but like you, if it has gone on for this long, I would make an appointment with my doctor. Hoping all is well.

slomo

take a vacation and relax your eyes and brain for a day or two. You don't need to go anywhere but the beach or to a massage or just your back yard. Just try relaxing and maybe some simple meditation, don't look at a TV or radio or computer. Even go excercice... What ever floats your boat. Sounds hokie, I know. Do it for a day, and I bet it will make a difference!

You can go to one of the nice hair salons and just get your hair shampooed, that always feels awesome. Tell them you'll pay extra just to massage your head. Seriously. It's probably nothing. If you go to the doc he'll just stress you out more. Try this homeopathic thing first before you think its cancer : )

Good luck!!!

mainman

Set Trippin
rdkarob said:
Yes but I have been doing that for 10 years, and this has now just started. I will have to make an appointment with the doctor, I just hate to give him my 20 bucks to refer me to someone else to give them 20 bucks to then have MRI or whatever done....irks me bad!
Do you need glasses? Have you had any recent dental work done?

nightowl

Could be a lot of things (muscular, sinus, eyes, ears) I think going to the doctor would probably be the best thing. Could try some remedies for some of the different possibilities too. Better to be safe than sorry.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Not sure about dental work being done recently but I do know if you clench or grind your teeth while you sleep it will give you a headache (and jaw soreness sometimes). I get them when I'm stressed and I have to wear a splint (like a nightguard) so I can't clench my teeth together. Also, I don't know where you're located or if you already have a regular doctor, but I do know that Dr. Tidball in Wildwood loves anything to do with headaches. He helped me with my migraines. Anyways, hope you feel better and good luck.

Peace

getbent said:
Not sure about dental work being done recently but I do know if you clench or grind your teeth while you sleep it will give you a headache (and jaw soreness sometimes). I get them when I'm stressed and I have to wear a splint (like a nightguard) so I can't clench my teeth together. Also, I don't know where you're located or if you already have a regular doctor, but I do know that Dr. Tidball in Wildwood loves anything to do with headaches. He helped me with my migraines. Anyways, hope you feel better and good luck.

I would definitely go see your doc - the dental work can be related if it was one of your upper teeth - the roots can go up near your sinuses - if you had a filling or tooth pulled up top that could give you sinus headache. But, again, if it has been going on a while would def go see doc.

cave

your regular doctor should be able to order an MRI of the brain, if you are referred to a neurologist, you may end up having numerous tests done. stress, muscle spasms of the neck can certainly cause headaches. since you had a friend with a brain tumor and aneurysm, i don't think you will be able to relax until you have an MRI.