hopeful foxhunter

P

pinkpony

Any foxhunters on this forum? I have a dream to go at least once before I get too old...

Last edited by a moderator:

Carm

I got a horse again!! :)
fox

I've been as a guest a few times. It's great fun and so cool. I think all we ever caught was a buzz. De La Brooke Foxhounds W is the club I went with. I's been about 8 years. As far as I know they still do the real thing. I know some places only do drag hunts now. I don't know if they have a site or not. Check it out I will too.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Is it true that the first time you go fox hunting if they catch & kill a fox they take the blood and rub it on the new peoples foreheads? If so, yuck. Just wondering.

Carm

That's funny. I hope not. I'll ask my boyfriend. He's a fox hunter from whey back

P

pinkpony

OMG! I think that was an old school thing they did in England. I will NOT be participating in that!!

Labs4Me

I went out a few times with Iron Bridge Hounds in Howard County when I lived in Baltimore. We had a great time! I haven't gone though since I moved down here. :(

Carm

Hounds

I'm no expert but I don't think the fox hunters (humans) have actually killed the foxes for a long time, they want them to be around to chase another day. The hunt is over when they run the fox to ground, it's den. But if the hounds happen to catch one before it gets there it's another story. I guess it's hard to convince them it's just for fun. I personaly would like to keep fox hunting legal. I don't think it's any worse then them getting hit by cars. Foxes in this area are not endangered. Just ask my chickens.
I do know in England fox hunting is no longer legal. They only do what is called a drag hunt. Someone goes out before hand and either from horse back or an ATV they drag an old fox carcass along the ground so the hounds have a scent to chase.

2baymares

pinkpony said:
Any foxhunters on this forum? I have a dream to go at least once before I get too old...

I Foxhunt. But I'm not a member of any club. I go as a guest. I'll check with my friend and see who you need to contact about going.
Foxhunting is a BLAST! Lots of Fun. I've seen several fox but they've never killed one that I know of. Be prepared to ride up to 4 or 5 hours. I ride in First field where all the action is... galloping, jumping etc. And when the hounds are searching for a fox and your standing around, somebody whips out a flask and everyone starts drinking. :yahoo: ....I love this sport. I've met alot of nice people on these hunts, great riders. :yay: