Horse Facility on Rt 2 (?)

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Does anyone know anything about the new facility on Rt 2 going toward Annapolis? It is HUGE. It looks like they have an indoor. I am just curious if anyone knows anything about it. Thanks.

fredsaid2

It's called Baywood Farms, opened by the people who own Jamie's Jumps. They have a big ad in the Oct Equiery. It looks awesome!

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
I like the place although there is something about being by those powerlines. It just doesn't feel healthy. I used to board at a farm down that same road 13 or 14 years ago... Somersburg Lippizan farm.. not sure who has it now...but when I would ride, that buzzing really got to me. Riding for miles down the powerlines was pretty cool except for that. One trail took me to the back of Dodon farms x-c course. Another the other way took me to my high school where I would jump the little benches in the soccer field.

:cartwheel

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Four*Leaf*Farm said:
I like the place although there is something about being by those powerlines. It just doesn't feel healthy. I used to board at a farm down that same road 13 or 14 years ago... Somersburg Lippizan farm.. not sure who has it now...but when I would ride, that buzzing really got to me. Riding for miles down the powerlines was pretty cool except for that. One trail took me to the back of Dodon farms x-c course. Another the other way took me to my high school where I would jump the little benches in the soccer field.

:cartwheel

I have foxhunted from Dodon. The jumps kicked-butt back then. :howdy: And a friend of mine has the farm behind the new meca-farm and we would ride the powerlines. Sounds like an egg frying...what is it doing to your brain cells?? :lmao:

fredsaid2

Those big power lines are a draw back but it looks like they did such a nice job with the rest of the property. Did you notice the double fence line? Looks like you can ride the perimeter of the pastures and still be contained. The price of the fencing alone must be staggering :smile:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I heard from someone that the board was $800. I wonder if that is true. I also heard it was a Hunter Jumper facility. I was just curious.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
Sadielady said:
I heard from someone that the board was $800. I wonder if that is true. I also heard it was a Hunter Jumper facility. I was just curious.

I'm sure you'd see some DQ's and eventers but the major draw is H/J...
I heard from:gossip: that they were in way over their heads financially... so maybe the 800/ mo. is to help cover their building costs.. now just to find those folks that can afford it !:faint:

fredsaid2

Sadielady said:

The ad says 'all disciplines', it will just depend on the boarder's interests. It's a strong H/J area with lots of Eventers too. 800 might be training board, 500ish sounds more in line w/ the area.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Sadielady said:
I heard the same about it being a hunter jumper.

SouthernMdRocks

fredsaid2 said:
The ad says 'all disciplines', it will just depend on the boarder's interests. It's a strong H/J area with lots of Eventers too. 800 might be training board, 500ish sounds more in line w/ the area.

Isn't Equilibrium 600+ now? They are in a good area for high board but there is plenty of competition there as well.

R

remaxrealtor

fredsaid2 said:
I stopped in on Tuesday and was quoted $750 w/out training. I'd never go there, but wanted to just take a peek inside. The facility is lovely, but cold. Maybe once they're fuller it'll soften a little. Everything is VERY top of the line!

SouthernMdRocks

remaxrealtor said:
I stopped in on Tuesday and was quoted $750 w/out training. I'd never go there, but wanted to just take a peek inside. The facility is lovely, but cold. Maybe once they're fuller it'll soften a little. Everything is VERY top of the line!
It really is impressive to look at but at that rate one could find just as nice a place for cheaper. They really need to offer something extra for that asking.

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
:howdy:
percy, im back!! but sadley not for long i stole my friends dads computer!!
but he also is going to :buttkick: me if i do not get off. BUT who cares?? not me.i just go :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: . ~Z~

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
persimmoncf said:
Sadielady, after just 8 posts how in the world did you get so RED. Some of these horse people are ruthless. :flowers:
How can you tell if you get red? I am actually not too new to this I just haven't been on in so long that I forgot my password and have changed e-mail accounts long ago, so I changed my user name. Maybe that's why I got red. Oh well...I am not going to lose sleep over it. I have read enough on this forum to know that everyone is not too nice.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
persimmoncf said:
Sadielady, after just 8 posts how in the world did you get so RED. Some of these horse people are ruthless. :flowers:

Amen to that. :howdy: By the way, was that your trailer of hay I saw heading up your way this afternoon?