horse feed poll ASAP

flyhigh

:howdy: I am taking a poll to find out the most frequently used brand of horse feeds in Southern MD. I would like to know out of these feeds which ones you use, and why. What do you like about them.

1. Farnam Platform Performance
2.Reliance 12% Pellet
3.Triple Crown 10%
4. Buckeye Grown-n-Win
5.Purina Horse Feed
6.Legends

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
flyhigh said:
:howdy: I am taking a poll to find out the most frequently used brand of horse feeds in Southern MD. I would like to know out of these feeds which ones you use, and why. What do you like about them.

2.Reliance 12% Pellet
3.Triple Crown 10%
4. Buckeye Grown-n-Win
5.Purina Horse Feed
6.Legends

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!

None of the above! :howdy: Are you asking this for the lesson barn you're thinking of opening or are you going to open a feed mill now? :whistle:

flyhigh

No. I am working on a project and wanted to know which type of grain people preferred. As for the barn.. I am looking for one to rent. The horses, I have heard of some that were to free to good home. Either, they werent working out or some other reason. I am not looking for conflict from people, just some feedback. I know horses, don't come cheap, everything about them comes with a price. So many people took my question the wrong way. As I said not looking for conflict, maybe I worded it worng.. I don't know. Point being I am looking for a barn to rent with some decent horses to fill it, regardless of the price. As for the above I wanted some feedback about choice of grain in SOMD, that is all.

fredsaid2

flyhigh said:

2.Reliance 12% Pellet
3.Triple Crown 10%
4. Buckeye Grown-n-Win
5.Purina Horse Feed
6.Legends

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!

Buckeye Gro'N Win

* good compliment to grass forage
* small rations
* maintains good body condition

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
flyhigh said:

2.Reliance 12% Pellet
3.Triple Crown 10%
4. Buckeye Grown-n-Win
5.Purina Horse Feed
6.Legends

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!

Legends 10, 12, and 14 sweet
Reliance 10 sweet
Blue Seal Senior

DQ2B

flyhigh said:

2.Reliance 12% Pellet
3.Triple Crown 10%
4. Buckeye Grown-n-Win
5.Purina Horse Feed
6.Legends

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!

I don't use any of these but if I had to choose, I'd pick Grow-n-win as it is designed more in line with the natural needs of the horse. Grains are really not the best choice of foods for horses, their digestive/metabolic systems and lifestyle are not designed to process them effectively. I don't feed my horses more than a handful of oats/BOSS/Flax more than 3 or 4 times per week.(it's more of a treat than anything else). They also get a vitamin/mineral supplement with Omega-3 either in that handful or free-choice.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
flyhigh said:

2.Reliance 12% Pellet
3.Triple Crown 10%
4. Buckeye Grown-n-Win
5.Purina Horse Feed
6.Legends

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!

I don't use any of these either...I get my feed out of Pennsylvania, the brand is McCauleys. I use the M 30 (30% protein) for the yearlings and up (Don't freak at the protein content...it is only fed in 1 to 3 lbs per day) and I use the McCauleys 16% for the weanlings to 1 yr. If more calories are needed with the M 30, I will add oats and oil. They come in a large pellet, or extruded. I like the large pellet because they get almost 100% consumption, and because it is not lost on the ground, it does not attract flies in the summer.

As a backup, I would choose Blue Seal feeds...

As for horses...depending what you are looking for, I may have a reasonable mare coming available.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
We use Blue Seal also. Don't let people get to you. You can't take things too personally around here. Welcome!