Horse Health Records?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
How do you all keep your horse health records? One site mentioned an index card system, this sounds like a do-able solution. Anyone do it?

Is there any reasonably priced software for keeping horse health/breeding records available? Or farm animal health records? I'd like one that has a notification system for me. Is there such a thing?

Anyone have an electronic horse health/breeding record form template they could email me? I found some .pdfs from Farnam and downloaded them but have to re-create them in Word or Excel.

TIA...

Last edited:

Robin

3 Ring binder System. Copies made of coggins and placed in the truck. Good old fashioned calender to keep track of appointments

Old fashioned hard copy works best for me.

showqueen74

I use a 5 part folder. Inside left is copies of current things. To the rite of that is vaccination history, next page is dental history, and lab results, and the last section is misc. But that is for one horse, and it works for me.

fredsaid2

I made up a simple excel file. Inoculations and teeth at the top, dates along the side, check blocks to show what was done. The paper copies of farrier and vet go in a file folder. I keep the file on my Palm so it's always handy. For several horses you could make a tab for each one and copy the sheet. All appointments go in my Palm so I guess that is my system! : )

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
How do you all keep your horse health records? One site mentioned an index card system, this sounds like a do-able solution. Anyone do it?

Is there any reasonably priced software for keeping horse health/breeding records available? Or farm animal health records? I'd like one that has a notification system for me. Is there such a thing?

Anyone have an electronic horse health/breeding record form template they could email me? I found some .pdfs from Farnam and downloaded them but have to re-create them in Word or Excel.

TIA...

I have a software program that I purchased but really never used much. It was suppose to be a really good one but I never took to time to familiarize myself with it. I can't remember the name right now,,, age!!!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I have a software program that I purchased but really never used much. It was suppose to be a really good one but I never took to time to familiarize myself with it. I can't remember the name right now,,, age!!!!
:faint:

Thanks for NO information silly woman :killingme
if you find the software, lemme try it and i'll tell ya if i like it :lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Hmm...not sure i want to enter all my horse's info online without backup available. But the horsetrack looks interesting! thanks TC!!

PS i'm trying to arrange local trailering for my mom and Morganlover's horses for TEC, so i may be able to take along an extra horse in my big rig. I'll keep ya posted.