horse leasing?

devinej

hmm check out the local barns. sometimes holly point has a horse for lease but i think you have to be in their lesson program

Duckz

where can i lease a horse? how much is it to lease a horse, stuff like that.

You can either lease a horse through a barn or through a private owner. A lot of lesson barns have school horses available for a full or part-time lease, but you have to be in their lesson program. The cost is usually the horse's board (or part of the board) plus the cost of lessons. That type of lease is best for a less experienced rider or someone who has never leased/owned a horse before since the horse is still under the supervision/care of it's home barn.

If you lease a horse through a private owner, there is usually a monthly leasing fee (depending on the horse's worth, ability, etc) PLUS you cover boarding the horse, some vet fees, farrier fees, etc. Depending on what you work out with the owner, you either board the horse at it's home barn or you keep it at your barn. There are also plenty of half-lease situations if you only want to ride a few times a week.

Are you looking for a horse to take to shows? Or do you just want a trail horse? How experienced are you? Where are you located? There are LOTS of options out there. If you can give a little more detail about your abilities and what you're looking for, you can place a "wanted" ad in the classified section and see what comes up. Good luck!

united

United, I PMed you with my phone number. I have horses available for long or short term lease. I am located in Mechanicsviile.:howdy:[/QUOTE

I did get your pm thank you.

I do not have any riding experience, but I was looking into for my mother. She used to own a horse and has been talking about riding again. I thought I would look into it and see what I could come up with.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
United, I PMed you with my phone number. I have horses available for long or short term lease. I am located in Mechanicsviile.:howdy:[/QUOTE

I did get your pm thank you.

I do not have any riding experience, but I was looking into for my mother. She used to own a horse and has been talking about riding again. I thought I would look into it and see what I could come up with.
AHHH, what a good boy you are:smoochy:This world needs more sons like you