Horse question

Finofan

Here there and everywhere
Yeah for a grand prix horse that probably is CHEAP...lots of $ to be won too with a grad prix..

morganhorse

is this a good deal or not?

Do people really spend this kind of money on a horse? can it somehow be turned back into more money than the original purchase price.

Yes people really do spend that much on a horse (and more!).

Is it a good deal????depends on who you ask :smile:

I'm not sure if that particular horse could be turned into more money then the purchase price (jumpers aren't my thing). There are lots of horses out there that you can purchase relativly cheap and if you have the talent/ experience/ability to train them you can make a profit.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Here is another one by the same seller.

Equine.com - Horse Classifieds - Eventing Warmblood Cross Horse For Sale - Quintessential - Quinn This could be your dream horse!

At this age is when most Jumpers are peaking so you are paying for the 11 to 12 years of experience, exposure, & training. If the horse horse is multi-purpose & can do the Equitation (such as Eq. & Medal Finals) then the value could stay the same (or possibly increase slightly). Also depends on the horses current soundness.

This is from a different seller, but I got to see this one go at the MHSA Gittings Finals. Very nice horse. Not sure what he sold for, but at 7 years old his price should go up if he is resold (& stays sound)

Equine.com - Horse Classifieds - Dressage Hanoverian Horse For Sale - 7 y/o Imported German Bred Hanoverian This could be your dream horse!

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
I've seen people pay $125,000 for a barrel horse, and when it ran, it wasnt fast at all... i know you can get ALOT for barrel horses, if their good they can make back their money. A good example of this is Hot Shot, a champion barrel horse, the 13 yr old girl that rides him paid ALOT but he has made over
$230,000. I wish i could find an artical about him...
It's all about who would buy the horse... i know that Flare makes her keep,lol. Bones dosn't just yet, but give him time,lol.

BZHorseMomE

BZ, you should broker that deal for them.....:howdy:

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

I read a good article about that in one of the recent USEF magazines. Someone was told the horse was being sold for $100,000. The trainer who found the horse wanted there percent on top of the sale price. Later the Buyer found out the seller was paid $50,000. So the Buyers trainer & the Sellers trainer each pocketed $25,000 each. I agree trainers should be paid for there time & knowledge in finding suitable mounts for clients, but 50% being paid to each is a bit extreme. :evil:

Hope I didn't get to :offtopic:

bcp

In My Opinion
My aunt and uncle (both now deceased) raised quarter horses for barrel racing back in the day.
I remember the first time I got on his personal horse and went to ride it.

those SOBs have power steering,, he could have warned me before the damn horse sent me flying across his field.

bcp

In My Opinion
oh, and no Im not looking to spend 75k on a horse.
I spend 75k on something that moves its going to do well over 150mph, have two seats and a kick ass radio.

I was just curious about the price of horses when I saw that.

fredsaid2

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

I read a good article about that in one of the recent USEF magazines. Someone was told the horse was being sold for $100,000. The trainer who found the horse wanted there percent on top of the sale price. Later the Buyer found out the seller was paid $50,000. So the Buyers trainer & the Sellers trainer each pocketed $25,000 each. I agree trainers should be paid for there time & knowledge in finding suitable mounts for clients, but 50% being paid to each is a bit extreme. :evil:

Hope I didn't get to :offtopic:

Isn't there something being proposed about disclosing sales commissions? Letting a trainer handle the entire sales transaction allows too much opportunity for someone shady. Thankfully I'll never have that issue. Most wouldn't make a phone call for my 'high price'.

Some of the prices today are crazy. Part of me is just jealous that some can and do shell out the money for those fabulous horses. Even if I could afford the horse I couldn't afford to campaign it or even be at it's level. It just wouldn't be fair to the horse! I'll have to stick to the low budget types. :lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Hey, hey hey I know that kid! :lmao: Well, not REALLY, I know what George thinks of him. :killingme

A little birdy told me George had an interesting name for him. I get the feeling George likes to mess with people that have the ability, but aren't using it to the best of there ability. Noah really had a nice trip on this Carlito. I missed their round at the Columbia Classic, but Mom said he had a very nice trip and didn't realize he was only (I think) 14 or 15.

I'm with you Fred. Even if I could afford a horse that expensive I wouldn't have the time to campaign them. I sure wouldn't want to pay someone else to have the fun either. I'll just be satisfied window shopping for now.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Here's another $75,000 horse.

YouTube - Authority (17.2 imported holsteiner geld.)

I still like this guy Cabardino.:drool::drool::drool::drool:

http://www.charlotfarm.com/videos/CabardinoRAWF07.wmv

W

WhoCares

And no guarantee on horses! At Leesburg my horse Scooter long term buddy is a quarter of a million dollar warmblood with founder as well.

Aww...poor baby.

I know that there is no way that I would spend that much money on a horse. If I had a horse that expensive it would never be turned out, and if it was the poor horse would be wrapped in bubble wrap. :lmao:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Aww...poor baby.

I know that there is no way that I would spend that much money on a horse. If I had a horse that expensive it would never be turned out, and if it was the poor horse would be wrapped in bubble wrap. :lmao:

YOu joke about it, but I actually know horses that get their legs bubble wrapped everyday. I swear I watched one of them, when the bubble wrap was off, while walking him back to the stall after riding, kick at another horse and hurt his leg on the fence. I was thinking that is one unlucky owner. Soon the vet was out.:whistle:

W

WhoCares

YOu joke about it, but I actually know horses that get their legs bubble wrapped everyday. I swear I watched one of them, when the bubble wrap was off, while walking him back to the stall after riding, kick at another horse and hurt his leg on the fence. I was thinking that is one unlucky owner. Soon the vet was out.:whistle:

I believe it 100%.

When I rode with the big hunter barn up in Boston the horses had shavings that were really thick. The big grand prix horses had double stalls, and rubber on the wall. I cleaned the stall of the horse, and he was the biggest baby all 18 hands of him.

fredsaid2

Why would they use something plastic that didn't breath? Bubblewrap seems silly to me. Why not the traditional pillow wraps and bandages?