Horse Quotes

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Horses - if God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself. ~Author Unknown

In riding a horse we borrow freedom. ~Helen Thomson

A woman needs two animals - the horse of her dreams and a jackass to pay for it. ~Author Unknown

He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

Men are better when riding, more just and more understanding, and more alert and more at ease and more under-taking, and better knowing of all countries and all passages; in short and long all good customs and manners cometh thereof, and the health of man and of his soul. ~Attributed to Edward Plantagenet

Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride,
Friendship without envy,
Or beauty without vanity?
Here, where grace is served with muscle
And strength by gentleness confined
He serves without servility; he has fought without enmity.
There is nothing so powerful, nothing less violent.
There is nothing so quick, nothing more patient.
~Ronald Duncan, "The Horse," 1954

A horse can lend its rider the speed and strength he or she lacks, but the rider who is wise remembers it is no more than a loan. ~Pam Brown

Feeling down? Saddle up. ~Author Unknown

It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. ~Winston Churchill

Robin

Horses - if God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself. ~Author Unknown

In riding a horse we borrow freedom. ~Helen Thomson

A woman needs two animals - the horse of her dreams and a jackass to pay for it. ~Author Unknown

He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

Men are better when riding, more just and more understanding, and more alert and more at ease and more under-taking, and better knowing of all countries and all passages; in short and long all good customs and manners cometh thereof, and the health of man and of his soul. ~Attributed to Edward Plantagenet

Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride,
Friendship without envy,
Or beauty without vanity?
Here, where grace is served with muscle
And strength by gentleness confined
He serves without servility; he has fought without enmity.
There is nothing so powerful, nothing less violent.
There is nothing so quick, nothing more patient.
~Ronald Duncan, "The Horse," 1954

A horse can lend its rider the speed and strength he or she lacks, but the rider who is wise remembers it is no more than a loan. ~Pam Brown

Feeling down? Saddle up. ~Author Unknown

It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. ~Winston Churchill

The one about the jackass reminds me of the commercial with the vacumn cleaner. Spending more quatily time with my best friend.

DQ2B

"If the world were truly a rational place, men would ride sidesaddle."

"Take the trouble to find your way into your horse's mind without trying to make it human."

"Dressage is a lot like growing grass. You don't see anything happening, but over time, it becomes more beautiful."

"If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, or you asked the question wrong."

covekat

My personal favorite...

"The best way to stop a runaway horse, is to bet on it!".

And my other favorite...

"If you want to make a million dollars in the horse business, start with two million"!

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i like "The Horse," by Ronald Duncan,

i cant remember where i found this one...

"The entire world's treasure is in between a horse's eyes, they say.
Might and pride are within horse crest.
To fly without the wing and to win without the sword"