horse riding lessons

libby

There are probably a hundred threads already, but here we go again. Does anyone know of a riding instructor/farm in the Callaway/Piney Point/Leonardtown area?
Thanks,

Duckz

A Moment In Time, Flat Iron Farm, and Holly Point are in that area. They all have lesson programs. Begin Again Farm is a dressage barn in Leonardtown but I'm not sure if she has school horses. If you have your own horse you have more options.

Personally, I recommend calling Bobby Lindsley at A Moment In Time if you're looking to take lessons on a school horse :buddies: They do mostly hunter/jumper stuff with a little dressage thrown in.

libby

A Moment In Time, Flat Iron Farm, and Holly Point are in that area. They all have lesson programs. Begin Again Farm is a dressage barn in Leonardtown but I'm not sure if she has school horses. If you have your own horse you have more options.

Personally, I recommend calling Bobby Lindsley at A Moment In Time if you're looking to take lessons on a school horse :buddies: They do mostly hunter/jumper stuff with a little dressage thrown in.

Thank you. Do you have a number?

FrmGrl

Get some!
Wow! They look really professional. Thanks for the link. Do you have personal experience with these folks?
I take lessons from Karen for dressage. She is very good. I do hunt seat with BZhorseMome but I have my own horse.

devinej

yep, any of those will just teach you how to ride. i second a moment in time, they have a good program

devinej

they don't have a website, but you can give bobby a call, i think his phone number was listed earlier in the thread

duchess1

There are probably a hundred threads already, but here we go again. Does anyone know of a riding instructor/farm in the Callaway/Piney Point/Leonardtown area?
Thanks,

There are many good places to go. Is this for a child or adult? If it's for a child, you need to decide if you want a babysitter or if you really want to learn to ride. Riding a push button pony forever might not teach you much. Also remember, 90% of what makes the best riders is nerve. People who are scared of horses best not ride them. Horseback riding is a rugged sport. A Moment Time is a good place to start. Good luck!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I take lessons from Karen for dressage. She is very good. I do hunt seat with BZhorseMome but I have my own horse.

Thanks for the plug FrmGrl. :huggy:

Libby I mainly teach clients on their private horses and travel the tri-county area. I do have horses I teach lessons on in St. Leonard, in Calvert County, but that might be a drive from the Leonardtown area. Many of the place mention in this thread would be great places to start though. Best of luck.:howdy: