Horse sitting

ccrider

What is the going rate for horse sitting? Two horses and a few other farm critters with duties done twice a day.

ElliesMom

I care for 3 ponies, and various other critters for 260 a month 2x a day. (feed and water, letting in and out of pastures, keeping an eye on general health, collecting eggs)
I also clean run ins 1-2x a week as needed.
I do this for a friend and neighbor.
But I think thats dirt cheap.

Cowgirl

My coworker pays me about $20/day and that covers 3-4 horses, stalls once per day. Twice a day feeding, plus feeding sheep and chickens and sometimes her dog. I live very close to her too.

Duckz

I normally get $30/day or $15/feeding. That's for four horses, a dog, some cats, filling a bird feeder, and watering plants in the summer. Usually is only 20 - 30 minutes to get it all done.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Duckz, Robin, and Devine does the per trip fee include doing the stalls and blanketing? Or does it cover feed, hay, and water? What about charges for medicating horses? or taking care of other animals such as dogs, cats, etc. Would it still be the same trip charge? Just asking because Mom does horse care in Howard Co. & I think she is charging to little.

Last edited:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
Mostly its $25 a day, that includes 2x feeding, watering, letting out dogs, putting up chickens (thats the hardest part, lol) and anything that needs to be done. But those are for people close by, all within 10 min.Most of the time I split with my mom or sister because I work evenings, so I do mornings and all the hard stuff.

Robin

Duckz, Robin, and Devine does the per trip fee include doing the stalls and blanketing? Or does it cover feed, hay, and water? What about charges for medicating horses? or taking care of other animals such as dogs, cats, etc. Would it still be the same trip charge? Just asking because Mom does horse care in Howard Co. & I think she is charging to little.

$20 per trip....period
I have had the same customers for almost 17 yrs.
This includes everything in the horses normal routine feeding,stall cleaning, blanketing, emptying and refilling stock tanks and buckets. Most cases it takes an hour or a bit more. I have one from time to time that we do an overnight or a full weekend. Staying in the house with all the animals. cats, dogs, and tending to companion animals{goats, sheep, donkey, cow, Chickens}

Robin

Most of my holidays are booked a yr in advance. I usually have 2 farms I take care of routinely on and off from Thanksgiving to New Years. Every farm I take care of is twice a day. am and pm.