Horse Trailer Dealers?

K

Katie

I am going to start looking for a horse trailer soon enough. I was going to wait until next year, but that might not be the best option.

What are some good horse trailer dealers that are trustworthy, and will not try to talk me into something more than I need. I just want a 2 horse bumper pull with a dressing room.(Changing in car can be a challenge) More than likely I will have to finance, so prefer not to spend more on a trailer then I need to.

covekat

I know of a nice 2 horse bumper pull for sale in the Waldorf area. It's a Valley, black with white trim, basically brand new, used twice.... It has a tack room area but it's not seperate from the horse area. Nice ramp with two doors up top. (so you could close them for privacy) Also two escape doors.. let me know if your interested!

K

Katie

covekat said:
I know of a nice 2 horse bumper pull for sale in the Waldorf area. It's a Valley, black with white trim, basically brand new, used twice.... It has a tack room area but it's not seperate from the horse area. Nice ramp with two doors up top. (so you could close them for privacy) Also two escape doors.. let me know if your interested!

Just sent you a PM.

fredsaid2

Pasofever said:
Cox and Lux are a good place to start..

Cox also sells used trailer, they probably both do. A friend bought a very nice 2hr bp from Cox for about the same $$ as she would have through a private owner. The websites Paso gave you are great ideas. I found my trailer through tacktrader. Hope you find a nice one!

K

Katie

fredsaid2 said:
Cox also sells used trailer, they probably both do. A friend bought a very nice 2hr bp from Cox for about the same $$ as she would have through a private owner. The websites Paso gave you are great ideas. I found my trailer through tacktrader. Hope you find a nice one!

Yeah..I am not going to rush it. It took me a year or so to find the right horse. :huggy: I am glad I took my time, because I adore Ashton.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I bought my 2 horse bumperpull Hawk from Cox.

If you need service or repairs though I reccommend Saufley Sandblasting and Trailer Repair down in Mechanicsville. Great work, great prices, great people. I can give you their number if you want it.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Phyxius said:

If you need service or repairs though I reccommend Saufley Sandblasting and Trailer Repair down in Mechanicsville. Great work, great prices, great people. I can give you their number if you want it.

What have you had them do. My 4h bp needs somemetal work & sandblasting done to it. WHere are they located?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Katie said:
I am going to start looking for a horse trailer soon enough. I was going to wait until next year, but that might not be the best option.

What are some good horse trailer dealers that are trustworthy, and will not try to talk me into something more than I need. I just want a 2 horse bumper pull with a dressing room.(Changing in car can be a challenge) More than likely I will have to finance, so prefer not to spend more on a trailer then I need to.

You may want to try www.grandchampiontrailers.com in VA or www.hrcollins.com in Carroll Co. MD.
The trailer I bought from H.R. Collins back in 90' and then sold to a friend of my Mom's has held up and looks as good as the day we bought it. It was the Arndt two horse with the dressing room. It pulled like a dream.
My Mom bought a Sooner from Grand Champion Trailers in VA about two years ago. She said there prices and service have been great.
Also check www.equine.com under the trailer section. Sometimes the Equiery.com have some nice used trailers list. If I hear of something that fits your bill I'll let you know. :howdy:

fredsaid2

Phyxius said:

Would love their number if you don't mind posting it. No punch through roof for me, all steel and could use a change from it's present battleship grey. Tks! :smile:

R

riderup

Cox is great. I would recommend dealing with JD, not his mother Skeeter. Both are fair, but JD will work with you with the $. I have traded in trailers twice and both times he gave me exactly what I paid for them, and they were in less than great condition. Very fair and honest. Good selection of a few different brands. American Spirit is a relatively new company, with people who made Bison, and they put out some really nice, safe trailers, with everything I needed in a trailer. Lots of nice colors!! They have used ones for sale, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

riderup

fredsaid2 said:
Would love their number if you don't mind posting it. No punch through roof for me, all steel and could use a change from it's present battleship grey. Tks! :smile:
Don't eliminate aluminum trailers, some are very safe and easier on your truck. Look at the design before anything else. And remember, you get what you pay for.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I really like our Bee trailer! It has held up really well, they didn't nickle and dime us for "extras". Did you go to the horse expo in January? They have at least 10 different trailer makers on display there and 30 or 40 trailers to walk thru.

fredsaid2

riderup said:
Don't eliminate aluminum trailers, some are very safe and easier on your truck. Look at the design before anything else. And remember, you get what you pay for.

Would love an Equispirit! But, I have to be happy w/ what I have now. It's big, sturdy and has a huge dressing room. It's been jokingly said I could rent it as an apartment. It may be an option if I ever want a barn! :smile:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
mingiz said:
What have you had them do. My 4h bp needs somemetal work & sandblasting done to it. WHere are they located?

They are located down in Mechanicsville, off of Mechanicsville Road. They are really close to Three Notch Road @ Endless Endeavor Farm. The phone number is 301.884.5238.

I had them check my trailer out last year, Kenny had to fix the interior light which was "fixed" before by Cox, incorrectly. It's been fine since Kenny fixed it. I had the wheel bearings repacked. The interior door handle was broken and he replaced that.

There was a trailer in an accident and it was totally redone, it looked brand new! He does a really nice job of sandblasting the rust off and repainting steel trailers, too.