Horse Training.

jamesbond007

I had to write a paper in English this year about what my goal in life is, and what its going to take, and how i'm going to stick with it, and this is what i came up with. It's not great, but it got me an A :)

When becoming a horse trainer, you need a lot of experience. You'll also need a good reputation. To learn technique and ways to communicate with a horse, take classes or learn from an experienced trainer. As a trainer, you'll have to be confident and have a lot of patience. When working around horses, you can’t be timid. You have to be aware that they are 1000 pound animals, and you have to be prepared for whatever they may spook at or do to get away from working. The biggest part in training is trust between a trainer and a horse. If the horse has a background, it may take a lot of extra time and patience for you to earn respect in that horse’s eye. Trainers should to go to clinics to expand they’re knowledge with trust and tips so you are prepared for whatever horse you may interact with.

The look in a horse’s eye when he figures out what you want, or the expression of joy shown by a someone when they ride they’re horse for the first time, to be able to prove someone wrong, or to give someone hope, are just a few examples of what makes me want to become a horse trainer. I would expect to work long, hard hours and get dirty. Sometimes the job can even be dangerous, and usually the pay is not that great. Vacations come far and few and I’d probably have to work through my sick days. But if deep down I have the soul of a horse girl, then it’s all be worth the bruises, sweat and tears. I’d be one of the lucky few whose days fly by ‘because you’re having fun.

To be a horse trainer, it doesn’t require any education. The type of education is completely hands-on; there is no academic degree associated with this career, just horsemanship and business, specifically to profitable, safe horse training. Your needs, experience and goals, and get a feeling for his/her skill level, ability to explain and teach, and personal style will all come into play when working with a horse. You need to make sure when clients are considering you as a trainer, what questions will be running through they’re mind, and how have you set yourself up to have them answered.( Is this a person you respect, who can not only train horses, but who can also teach people?) If you expect people to invest their time and money into a trainer, be sure that you’re a prospective teacher, one who will truly help you, and that you are truly committed to your education, training and safety.

Be passionate about this career. If your heart isn't in it, the horses and the owners will sense it.