Horseback Riding

STL_RAMS

Where can one go for a day of horseback riding. I have have never tried it, but have always wanted to. Thanks.

I am sure this information is already on here, just dont feel like searching, and would like current, up to date information.

nomoney

STL_RAMS said:
Where can one go for a day of horseback riding. I have have never tried it, but have always wanted to. Thanks.

I am sure this information is already on here, just dont feel like searching, and would like current, up to date information.
you should pm janey; she seems to be a horse expert. :yay:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
STL_RAMS said:

I'm game

AMP

Jersey attitude.
I had a really good time at Elk Mountain Trails, in Harper's Ferry (bit of a drive but nice, link below). If you like the outdoors, it is worth the trip. These are guided rides. St Mary's Stables is also a great place, very pretty.

Please don't wear sneakers. Something with a low heel and tapered toe is best. New riders have a tendency to slide their feet through the stirrups instead of resting just the ball of their feet on them. Heels keep you from sliding your foot all the way through, tapered toes help you get your foot out if you have to. If you are signing a wavier anywhere, please consider wearing a helmet.

Horseback riding is alot of fun, and at guided/rental ride places is relatively safe. You will have a blast (but the next day might be a challenge as you discover soreness in muscles you didn't know you had!). :peace:

http://www.elkmountaintrails.com/
Edit: I jus tlooked thru the site and they have updated and cleaned up the place. CHeck out the ride packages, they do have all day and half day rides.

Last edited: