horses & goats

barnbatty

Anyone have any ides about what I can put on the bottom two boards of my 4 board fence that will keep my goats in with my horse and keep dogs out? I had originally thought I'd use electric, but that won't keep the dogs out.
My horse loves the goats and currently hangs out where ever they are.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
we use the diamend mesh fence for are goats, but it can easly bend, so when the goats start making a "hole" they can get out of, we put another board at the bottom, works fine. I would suggest adding the mesh fence, when tightened correctly (ours wasn't) it keeps animals out, and goats in!
Makes Sure you do not get the big square type, horses get caught in it, and goats can make the squars bigger and escape. Also make sure its not chicken wire, it brakes too easy. Goats are pesky little things, thats why i like are angora, she rarely EVER gets out, and when she does the gate has to be practically wide open ( and she dosnt jump on cars).

Kathy Woodingto

My horse likes to be with my goats! However she is tail less and mane less.
Even though the goats are kept in a different area, she allows them to "groom" her mane and tail. It must feel good and unfortunately I have not found anyway to prevent it!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
We use "no climb horse fence" in FL. I don't see it around here, but you usually can find it at the tractor supply stores.