Hospice Run and Walk

tazzman

My daughter and I and some friends did this walk last year. It was fun. Took the dogs so they could get their exercise too. Will think about doing it again this year.

thurley42

HY;FR
it's a tradition of getting hammered at tiki bar and then showing everyone what I was drinking the next morning during the 10K.:buddies:

mizteresa1965

My daughter and I and some friends did this walk last year. It was fun. Took the dogs so they could get their exercise too. Will think about doing it again this year.

Please don't bring your dogs...........they (not yours in particular) made such a mess last year. They pooped all over the street and it was really gross!

dn0121

Please don't bring your dogs...........they (not yours in particular) made such a mess last year. They pooped all over the street and it was really gross!

So when you see that kindly ask them to pick it up. If they are not there to ask, then pick it up yourself.

Last edited:

tazzman

I am a good pet owner. Always carry and use doggie bags. I think that is just nasty when you are too lazy to clean up after your dogs. Have alot of this problem when camping.

mizteresa1965

So when you see that kindly ask them to pick it up. If they are not there to ask, then pick it up yourself.

Ain't no way in hell I'm picking up dog poop! It's the owners responsibility to pick up their dogs crap, and if they can't seem to handle that task, they shouldn't bring the dog.

And tazzman.........thank you!!!

dn0121

Ain't no way in hell I'm picking up dog poop! It's the owners responsibility to pick up their dogs crap, and if they can't seem to handle that task, they shouldn't bring the dog.

And tazzman.........thank you!!!

I agree that the owner should be responsible, but its also not your place to tell someone not to bring their dog.

mizteresa1965

I agree that the owner should be responsible, but its also not your place to tell someone not to bring their dog.

Yes, It's not my place, but if they aren't going to clean up after it......don't bring it.......it's called common courtesy.

Last edited:

ginwoman

I am a good pet owner. Always carry and use doggie bags. I think that is just nasty when you are too lazy to clean up after your dogs. Have alot of this problem when camping.

my husband actually approached a lady once at a campground who let her dog go poop (in a busy area) and she was walking away. Hubby grabbed one of our poop bags and handed it to the lady. Her eyes bugged out of her head, but she picked up the mess.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I wanted to do it last year and didn't get to. As long as kiddo doesn't have a tourney that weekend I want to do it.

Do you have more info on the June one?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I am counting on you and Day running with me.

I ran a few miles yesterday at a nice cadence. I'll run the same, if not more, today. Do you still have your gym membership? You and ty should definitely start going for cardio workouts.

Have you registered already?

kerriellen

My dog and I have run the 5K for the last 5-6 years. Don't desparage all dogs because a few owners are irresponsible.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I ran a few miles yesterday at a nice cadence. I'll run the same, if not more, today. Do you still have your gym membership? You and ty should definitely start going for cardio workouts.

Have you registered already?

Yeah I still have it. I have been working out at home. It is just easier for me. I have the treadmill and everything there. Our evenings are always so busy we don't have time to go to the gym. I can only make it in the morning or early afternoon.

I was thinking about starting to go over there at lunch time and run a few miles. It's not like you can run down the road or sidewalks around here right now.

Yes I am all registered to go. Are you?