Hospice Run and Walk

thurley42

HY;FR
I was hoping to get in the gym today to run but I did something to my back.

Using the touch is nice I just wish I could figure out how to sync the nano and the touch so they upload together.

I used to have a pair of Asics Kensei's...I loved them but wanted to use my iPod sensor..so I cut a hole in them...:killingme

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I used to have a pair of Asics Kensei's...I loved them but wanted to use my iPod sensor..so I cut a hole in them...:killingme

:killingme

I have Asics Cumulus and love them too. I got a little pouch for my laces. It was only about $8.00.

I use my nano as well. I know it will sync with my iPhone but I don't want to be bothered with calls while I am running so I stick with the nano.

When I first got it I was having a hard time getting it to accurately count my distance. I was on a treadmill and it had me at 1/2 mile and the Nike+ only had me at less than a 1/4 mile. Upon further inspection and messing with it I found that it was upside down in the pouch. So if you are thinking about getting one make sure you put it in the right way or it is not accurate. :lol:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
:killingme

I have Asics Cumulus and love them too. I got a little pouch for my laces. It was only about $8.00.

I use my nano as well. I know it will sync with my iPhone but I don't want to be bothered with calls while I am running so I stick with the nano.

When I first got it I was having a hard time getting it to accurately count my distance. I was on a treadmill and it had me at 1/2 mile and the Nike+ only had me at less than a 1/4 mile. Upon further inspection and messing with it I found that it was upside down in the pouch. So if you are thinking about getting one make sure you put it in the right way or it is not accurate. :lol:

I can upload my runs from the nano, but when I uploaded my runs from the Itouch it wouldn't upload to the same account as the nano I had to create a new account. How do you get the to upload to the same accounts?

thurley42

HY;FR
For some reason I don't beleive you.....???

I still have them somewhere in the bottom of a closet! I loved them so much I couldn't throw them away.....and they stopped making them...I'll break them out and wear them to WG someday!

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
were you trying to win?

I was out there....it was a good turnout.

They said it was a record turn out this year.

I had a great time and I'm looking forward to next year.

Now it's off to do some other runs. Next one is May 8th for me.

I just ordered a pair of Asics Foundation 8s last night. I WAY over pronate and have fallen arches and destroyed my knees in HS and college. Have to have the maximum control type shoes to help correct that. Damn they are expensive. Hopefully these shoes will help with the knee pain and I can run again.

My oldest is a natural runner and wants to do a 5K at the BSA National Jamboree this summer. Told him that if he was serious, I would start training him. We've mapped out a 5K course in the neighborhood. Will eventually work up to a 10K course. If I am REALLY lucky, my knees won't kill me and I will lose some of this weight.

mgdbaa

I just ordered a pair of Asics Foundation 8s last night. I WAY over pronate and have fallen arches and destroyed my knees in HS and college. Have to have the maximum control type shoes to help correct that. Damn they are expensive. Hopefully these shoes will help with the knee pain and I can run again.

My oldest is a natural runner and wants to do a 5K at the BSA National Jamboree this summer. Told him that if he was serious, I would start training him. We've mapped out a 5K course in the neighborhood. Will eventually work up to a 10K course. If I am REALLY lucky, my knees won't kill me and I will lose some of this weight.
I just started running on pavement. I see its different then a treadmill. I am a beginner at this. I run a little then walk, then run. I go to Solomons Isl alot. Each time I will try to run a little further. I am enjoying it and I keep thinking of The Biggest Loser and how all of the people on there can do it. That is my motivation.

My question is, Whats a good inexpensive running shoe for a beginner like me?

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
I just started running on pavement. I see its different then a treadmill. I am a beginner at this. I run a little then walk, then run. I go to Solomons Isl alot. Each time I will try to run a little further. I am enjoying it and I keep thinking of The Biggest Loser and how all of the people on there can do it. That is my motivation.

My question is, Whats a good inexpensive running shoe for a beginner like me?

How inexpensive are you looking?
What is your arch like?

I wear New Balance and LOVE them. The arch is low, which is what I need. I usually spend about 70-80 on them.