Hosting a ride on private land for SMTR

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Anyone with some land to ride (and ample room for trailer parking), it would be AWESOME if you'd like to host a ride on that land for SMTR. There aren't enough folks who allow us to ride on private land!!

The True Grit Ride in December has been cancelled because we didn't have a private land location, so the board voted to cancel it.

If anyone would like to volunteer we can repost it! :yay: We have a trail development committee who can ride with the hoster in to help mark and clear the trail.

Ride hosts get a 50% split after expenses (insurance etc.) :yahoo:

You as ride host, decide about the food, it can be a pot luck, catered, or none if you choose. Marking ribbons can be your own or the club can provide them for free.

SMTR sponsored rides are covered by the club's insurance, that fee (currently 100.00 per ride) is included as an expense for the ride and taken out of profits, prior to the ride split. The True Grit ride is still included as an insurance expense for the club's monthly rides (at this time).

Ride hosts are required to mark/unmark and clear their own trail, (but if they ask we have a trail development committee who helps for FREE)
Hosts are also required to sign a host contract, do, mock up or provide information for a ride flyer defining the ride, and terrain, do a ride brief(s) prior to the riders going out, volunteer to help with registration (or assign someone to do these things), and it is customary for the host to hang around afterwards and socialize a bit. Ride hosts also determine the time the ride goes out and how, ie in groups with several ride briefs, or all at one time, with one ride briefing.

That's all i can think of right off hand, maybe MGH or Perci can remind me of other stuff or correct me if i'm mis-spoken. Anyone?

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Great news TC.
I've gotten several PMs about riding on private land, and have deferred calls to MGH. I'm sure she will add them to the SMTR agenda (meetings are open to all members and interested parties!). The more rides on private land we can offer, the better for SMTR members and land owners!
It's time to determine the 2009 ride schedule, so now is a great time to solicit new places to ride!!