Hot baseball reporter almost gets kilt w/o knowing

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Rays reporter discovers close call while reviewing photos

Sun Sports Rays reporter Kelly Nash -- in Boston working on a story for a future 'Inside the Rays' -- was passing some time before an Astros-Red Sox game on Saturday by taking a few pictures atop Fenway Park's Green Monster.

Seems like a rather harmless thing to do before a ballgame.

Imagine her shock when she went to review her photos and found one with a ball whizzing by just behind her head.

Attachments

• 775553.jpg
    775553.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 189

dave1959

I think the photo is fake... The ball looks too big to be going behind her head.
By the size, it looks like it should be closer to the front of the head. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I think the photo is fake... The ball looks too big to be going behind her head.
By the size, it looks like it should be closer to the front of the head. Just my opinion.

Note the circled portion. Even a fastball captured on film would be round.
This just looks like a bad Photoshop job. I also don't think even the most seasoned sports photog would stay in that spot long enough; as the ball, at that trajectory likely missed the girl and would have hit the camera.

Attachments

• BASEBALL.jpg
    BASEBALL.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 103

Beta84

They're out to get us
A few thoughts:

1) Why would someone who covers the Tampa Bay Rays be at an Astros-Red Sox game?

2) As for the way the ball looks, I'm shocked it came out that clear. The thing is moving 90+ MPH and it comes out crystal clear in a photo? If so, that's some camera!

3) Take a look at the angle the ball seems to be coming from, compared to the field. Assuming that they're taking batting practice from home plate, the ball would basically have hit her, or at least gone across her vision...right? Unless it somehow went right behind her, but the way it looks, it's either hitting her or going to stay on that side of her.

I don't buy it, but she claims it's real. :shrug: