• BBQ

• Cheese

• Onions

• Relish

• Other - Put answer in thread

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Grandma Slattery's Michigan Sauce. A Northern NY thing.
1718314824848.gif

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I grew up on them and even us locals don't know why they are called Michigans. Numerous tales abound but no definitive explanation.
I grew up on LI with lots of family from Saugerties and area, but never heard of them.

luvmygdaughters

Chili and coleslaw, sometimes chili and cheese, sometimes mustard, ketchup, relish and a slice of american cheese. I used to work with a woman who liked mayo on her half smokes.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Chili and coleslaw, sometimes chili and cheese, sometimes mustard, ketchup, relish and a slice of american cheese. I used to work with a woman who liked mayo on her half smokes.
Haven't had a good half smoke since Briggs went out of business. Damn, sure wish someone had the recipe and would sell it to another company. 😔

SamSpade

Most of the time, just plain old mustard.
Then maybe dijon, instead.

Or pickles and onions.

Or a chili dog - just chili.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
my great uncle owned and operated a hot dog stand/bar out of Northern NJ, I think from the 60-90s. Swear it had the snappiest dogs and some kind of bean-less chili I could've eaten by the spoonful. It's long gone. My mother swears it was a local mobster hang-out back in it's heyday. She wasn't allowed to visit without one of her brothers.