Hot Peppers

drivingdaisy

I cut up a habanero to spice up my fajitas tonight. Even though I didn't use my fingernails to remove seeds and I washed/scrubbed my hands and under my fingernails with a brush my eye still is on fire from when I touched it. I like spicy food and I use peppers from our garden all the time and have done this to myself many a times without learning. Is there a way to more effectively clean my hands after working with hot peppers? Or should I just wear gloves?

So.... I was thinking... in another thread it was suggested to sprinkle Cayenne pepper around plants to keep the moles/voles away. While I was doing that yesterday, I thought:

If you used hot pepper sauce/powder around pepper plants, would they get hotter than usual? :confused:

drivingdaisy

So.... I was thinking... in another thread it was suggested to sprinkle Cayenne pepper around plants to keep the moles/voles away. While I was doing that yesterday, I thought:

If you used hot pepper sauce/powder around pepper plants, would they get hotter than usual? :confused:

Hmm the possibilities... Can I sprinkle Old Bay and butter around my corn. haha.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I heard if you pee on them takes away a little but of the sting..

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I had about a quarter bushel of Habaneros that were not quite dry enough to crush so I finished drying some in the microwave; holy F what a mistake, I opened the door on it and immediately hit the floor as I could not breath and totally went blind because of the tears...homemade pepper gas I guess. Had to air the house out for about 3 hrs before we could go back inside...lesson learned :buddies:

Vince

I cut up a habanero to spice up my fajitas tonight. Even though I didn't use my fingernails to remove seeds and I washed/scrubbed my hands and under my fingernails with a brush my eye still is on fire from when I touched it. I like spicy food and I use peppers from our garden all the time and have done this to myself many a times without learning. Is there a way to more effectively clean my hands after working with hot peppers? Or should I just wear gloves?
I always keep a box of those rubber throw away gloves in the kitchen when I do the jalapenos.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had about a quarter bushel of Habaneros that were not quite dry enough to crush so I finished drying some in the microwave; holy F what a mistake, I opened the door on it and immediately hit the floor as I could not breath and totally went blind because of the tears...homemade pepper gas I guess. Had to air the house out for about 3 hrs before we could go back inside...lesson learned :buddies:

Thanks for the morning chuckle. :lmao:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron

Found this on the internet a few years ago when I did the same thing.

Wash with Dawn dish soap, cover hands with Aloe gel, wait ten minutes, repeat three times. Worked for me - thank goodness!

I can't do anything with gloves on :buddies:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

:jet:

:jameo:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Years ago I had jalapenos at dinner, then took out my contacts at bed time. Next morning I wake up, put in my contacts and :yikes:

drivingdaisy

I decided not to bring in the leftovers to work today because having a runny nose and tearing up from lunch is a little embarassing.

drivingdaisy

Put a habanero in the giant pot of chilli I made tonight. I used gloves to get the seeds out and I am happy to report I have not had any pepper-related eye injuries tonight. Sadly, I licked the spoon I used to remove the pepper from the pot (right after removing the pepper). I think I have to accept the fact I am a pepper idiot .

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Put a habanero in the giant pot of chilli I made tonight. I used gloves to get the seeds out and I am happy to report I have not had any pepper-related eye injuries tonight. Sadly, I licked the spoon I used to remove the pepper from the pot (right after removing the pepper). I think I have to accept the fact I am a pepper idiot

Something like that. :killingme

I have some past stories and hope to never tell a new one. :lmao: